Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The moment we have all been waiting for!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here are some pics of the truck on the dyno....
CIMG0532.jpg

CIMG0531.jpg

CIMG0530.jpg

CIMG0529.jpg

CIMG0528.jpg

CIMG0527.jpg

Big Horsepower!!!
CIMG0533.jpg

And here is the VID of the last run we made. It had to be run in done in second because I can't turn off the O/D. So these numbers he said are about 80% of the true HP that it is running. Once I figure out my O/D switch I will take it back to them and run once more.

We only pulled about 6lbs of boost as well so I could easily up it if I wanted.

Video uploading................

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
And the Vid!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL that was just at idle! I thought it was funny!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
And the numbers are.............

430HP
480 FTLBS of torque!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
yep sure was

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I know I really need to build the lower end now. so that will be my next project!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those numbers are damn impressive for 6psi!..congrats! Did they dyno it in SAE or STD?....and what was the correction factor?.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Those numbers are damn impressive for 6psi!..congrats! Did they dyno it in SAE or STD?....and what was the correction factor?.

UH it was done a Dyanpack Chassis dyno. My truck doesn't have any Std's that I know of... and as far as correction factor. I am pretty sure the numbers are correct. They bolted the dyno directly to my axles.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
UH it was done a Dyanpack Chassis dyno. My truck doesn't have any Std's that I know of... and as far as correction factor. I am pretty sure the numbers are correct. They bolted the dyno directly to my axles.

There are different ways of showing dyno results...
SAE j1349 correction:
29.23 in/hg.
77 degree temp
0 percent humidity

Standard correction:
29.92 in/hg.
68 degree temp
0 percent humidity

Has to do with humidity, temp, altitude....they can manipulate the numbers within the program...not meaning that your numbers are not right, but it is so you can get an equal comparison between different engines. Also the brand of dyno will also yield different results. I've spent a fair bit of time with the Dynojet 250 with our bikes....normally the figures should be shown on your printout as well as what smoothing factor they used for the graph...just curious that is all.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
There are different ways of showing dyno results...
SAE j1349 correction:
29.23 in/hg.
77 degree temp
0 percent humidity

Standard correction:
29.92 in/hg.
68 degree temp
0 percent humidity

Has to do with humidity, temp, altitude....they can manipulate the numbers within the program...not meaning that your numbers are not right, but it is so you can get an equal comparison between different engines. Also the brand of dyno will also yield different results. I've spent a fair bit of time with the Dynojet 250 with our bikes....normally the figures should be shown on your printout as well as what smoothing factor they used for the graph...just curious that is all.

I have no clue sorry. I looked on the dyno sheet but nothing even close to that stuff is on there...[confused] Maybe when i get everything done and dyno again I will ask that stuff. LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts