Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

***Wanted/Selling dent/bump parts***

Does anybody have a headlight knob and shaft for a 1978 truck? I"m looking for a really nice one for my restoration. IM me here if you have one to get rid of.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looking for an ac comp bracket for a 351m400.

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
I've got a 4x4 c6, two 351m shortblocks that need built, stock 351m heads that are good, and a stock 351m intake and carb that ran great when they came off, a year and a half ago. The one shortblock spun a rod bearing, could probably be fixed with a .10/.10 job on the crank, and new rods. All stuff is in East Tenn

Looking for an ac comp bracket for a 351m400.

Anyone have the windshield wiper knob seems i cant find the correct one i got one off of a chebby dont like it in my truck though it jinxes it.

Does anybody have a headlight knob and shaft for a 1978 truck? I"m looking for a really nice one for my restoration. IM me here if you have one to get rid of.

i think i have these 3 things. ill have to take pics so you dont get something you don't want.

yes i do..................

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
pictures. Check here! I can choke the thread with pictures, just click on the link for more. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/Masterbeavis/misc stuff for sale/ford parts/Engine parts

I have some nice L&L headers (fender exit 77-79 ford F250-350 4X4) $250
1068959387034517124S600x600Q85.jpg

Nickel plated unknown but heavy gauge steel headers. chassis exit I think.$100
1 pair truck manifolds$75
Four intakes: (2)Weiand Stealth new($150) and lightly used($125), Edel. Performer (used) $100, and an Edel Performer EGR (NIB) $200.
DSCF3199.jpg

1042637433034517124S600x600Q85.jpg

MSD pro billet with vacuum advance. $150
MSD 6A $75

Aluminum roller rockers, stamped steel roller tipped rockers $150/$80
1 complete set NIP SS valves brand unknown, fit D3VE heads $100
1 California D0VE head, SS valves, 3/8 studs, good springs (.560 lift), guide plates pocket porting, 3 angle valve job, and the parts for another head (I cracked it the other) $150
I have a few HV and standard oil pumps(light use) with front and rear oil pickups$40 ea
Two rear sump oil pans, and 1 7QT truck front sump oil pan $40 rear, $20 front
main girdle (unused)$50
chrome valve covers (new) $20
a noisy timing gear (installed, never ran) $100
Low mileage Edelbrock timing set $40
Two brand new short blocks. c8 block .030 or .040 over zero decked, forged pistons, balanced rotating assembly,($600) the other a bone stock rebuild .40. ($400)
P1010032.jpg

D1VE .040 over bare block. Had 10K or less on it, needs hottanking, cam bearings (maybe a line bore?) and honing to clean up the bores. This is the block I melted the pistons in. $75
3 Unused aftermarket camshafts (better than stock, but not overkill) $25 generic, $50 name brand. I do not know exactly what I have yet.
1 rebuilt set of D3VE heads, BONE STOCK. I bought these with a motor I bought, I do not remember any details about them. $150
Several timing chain covers, passenger car/early truck $50
Several sets of D3VE cores, one set is in very good condition, but I lost a valve, missplaced it somewhere..... $50 pr
1 pair of D0VE bare cores(non california=no smog ports) $100
Two water pumps, 1 is a used OE brand new Ford pump, the other is an aluminum one (ebay special) New, but installed.
1 set (8) D6TE truck rods that were reconditioned, with ARP rod bolts. $100 Attached to 6 good Sealed power Hyperutetic pistons(H535CP-.040). The two others are toast. New pistons are $35 each from jegs or summit racing. These did not come with the skirt coating.
Used High torque mini starter (the expensive CSI I think) used $100
1 opened but unused 460 complete gasket kit. $50
1 NP435/208 that was rebuilt, about 20K on it, small block belhousing, I6 Flywheel $400
1 old/fresh rebuilt ZF 5 speed. It took new bearings and syncros. Was built back in 02-03, set into the truck, but the motor was never re-installed $1000.
1 Used small block ZF 5 speed, currently 2WD, but I have the parts trans (a diesel) to make it 4X. $600
1 early (78 and older) 11" flywheel, 1 79 and later flywheel (12" clutch) $50
1 Centerforce Dual friction clutch (used) for the 11" flywheel $125

The used parts came off of a 460 I built about 5 years ago. I got around 5-10K out of it before I melted a hole in two of the pistons, and cracked one of the heads. Funny thing is the gauge stayed at 180* the entire time

390 parts:
3 FE short blocks, two are 360s, 1 is a 390. one of the 360 was a running motor, but had low compression (about 80#. The two other motors are locked up from sitting. Both have straight bores that will clean up nicely with a hone job. $50 For the 360s, $100 for the 390.

1 rebuilt 390 with about 20K on it $400, needs gaskets, it leaks like a sieve
Two sets of standard ol truck heads, low use on both (rebuilt) $100/pr

rear sump oil pans/oil pump(HV) and the related hardware $100

1 lightly used double roller timing chain $25

Two sets of adjustable rocker shaft assemblies $150 PR
rocerarm.jpg

offenhauser port o sonic dual port intake manifold $200
Two Edelbrock streetmaster intake $200 ea.
cheapie headers, from a 72 F250
Edelbrock SP2P $75

351W from an 85 F150 with about 77K on it. Headgasket started leaking. $200
rebuilt c6 2WD from same, low miles $250

Complete 351W from a 96-97 E series van, low miles with harness and ECU, $800 OBRO

Last edited:

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Posted up in the classfieds but Im gonna add it here. This is for those guys with 460's, 'Im going with a 428, with either cj, or pi heads, and a 62 edelbrock intake with 6 stromberg 97's on it for my 78 44. So this is for sale.......

I have a rotating assembly for a 460 that includes Speed Pro, forged, 23cc dished pistons, L2404F .060 4.420 bore with 5/64, 5/64, 3/16, Brand new Ford 6.605, F9TE-BA rods, Ford 2Y ABC Crankshaft internally balanced, Cleveite 77 bearings, Total seal rings. The kit has been internally balanced, and all pistons and rods weight matched. I will trade for a good 390,410,427, or 428 short block, long block, or complete motor.Will also trade for an fe pattern c6 and np205 transfer case. Will sell shipped for $700. I bought this kit off 460ford.com, but my build has changed now. Let me know whatcha got. Lcpl Duncan

pistons472.jpg

crank.jpg

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100Philco.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100front.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100cabmount.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100floor.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100rust.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100tag.jpg

At this point I'm thinking I'm going to make a "pickup bed trailer" out of it. :)
It's got a non-A/C "high output" heater in it. 141k miles. The rusty floor was
hidden under (and caused by) the original rubber mat.

I'd use the cab for a storage shed but at some point the neighbors would
freak. LOL :) Going to haul it to a friend's horse pasture and set it up on
blocks, he'll offer to any person that mentions it. Same goes for me with
other stuff he's got. ;)

I've never parted out a vehicle before so you guys are going to have to tell
me what to do and not do, ok? :)

Alvin in AZ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'd be very interested in the grille shell Alvin and the center parts

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
At this point I'm thinking I'm going to make a "pickup bed trailer" out of it. :)
It's got a non-A/C "high output" heater in it. 141k miles. The rusty floor was
hidden under (and caused by) the original rubber mat.
I'd use the cab for a storage shed but at some point the neighbors would
freak. LOL :) Going to haul it to a friend's horse pasture and set it up on
blocks, he'll offer to any person that mentions it. Same goes for me with
other stuff he's got. ;)
Alvin in AZ
Hey do you have any pictures of this High Output heater,I have only seen a couple,Is their a difference?
The heater core is larger.. That's it.
Thanks....Whats a heater core (PM me the answer)

Last edited:
The heater core is larger.. That's it.

Fellro

Staff member
Finally got around to getting some pics uploaded of the 79 extended cab shortbed that got dropped off , it has been treated pretty rough, could have been saved before they smashed up the passenger side...

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Fellro,

Looks like a good start.

Ben,

He has a pretty cool red and white interior in that truck! I even see door pockets!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
i think i have these 3 things. ill have to take pics so you dont get something you don't want.

Let me know how much shipped to 58501. Thanks!

Fellro

Staff member
Fellro,

Looks like a good start.

Ben,

He has a pretty cool red and white interior in that truck! I even see door pockets!

Sad thing is, the passenger door panel got damaged. They pushed it around with a forklift or something like it, tore up that side of the truck pretty good.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts