Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats why I got tons of extra parts and bolts. Im to the point now that I just throw all the stuff I take off in a box. Ive also got the order memorized and I know every size socket and wrench I need and where ill need em.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thats why I got tons of extra parts and bolts. Im to the point now that I just throw all the stuff I take off in a box. Ive also got the order memorized and I know every size socket and wrench I need and where ill need em.

I couldn't handle that, I'd lose it...and I haven't done enough in the last few years to remember specific sizes....the whole engine extraction will be entertaining I'm sure.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah thats from havin to do it so many frickin times. Also if ya have a lift plate that bolts to where the carb goes it makes it a piece of cake.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah thats from havin to do it so many frickin times. Also if ya have a lift plate that bolts to where the carb goes it makes it a piece of cake.

Got one...thanks though Dan!....it has been a few years, but you don't forget!

You sound like my kinda guy! Good stuff!

Thanks....I'm looking forward to it...then next year the Shelby engine...should keep me out of mischief..hehehehe

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That oughta be strong enough. Got an engine stand to put it on so you can shuffle the two around?

Yep...and a 20gal parts washer...and 15' of bench top....I think the old man memory has got most bases covered...hehe....and the guy that is giving me a hand does engines for a living, so anything that I haven't got, he will have.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Geeze ya got a better setup than ill ever have. I got a driveway, two car garage thats full of crap, a green oil drain pan full of gas with some wire brushes and parts cleanin brush and a drill mounted wire wheel then a bench grinder mounted wire wheel.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Geeze ya got a better setup than ill ever have. I got a driveway, two car garage thats full of crap, a green oil drain pan full of gas with some wire brushes and parts cleanin brush and a drill mounted wire wheel then a bench grinder mounted wire wheel.

It all comes with time Dan....when I was your age, I was doing stuff outside in the cold, rain etc....I suspect that one day you will have the garage you want, set up the way you want it!YelloThumbUp

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah hopefully I will I want five or ten acres just to screw around with so I can have all the crap I want and not get bothered with space.

Hehehe...just make sure you either get an understanding OL or stay single.

havi

third member
Safer bet is to stay single :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just got an e-mail from Tim...he is planning on shipping the engine parts out by this weekend. I'm gonna go to the US to pick it up.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sweetgrass MT...that is about 170 miles south of me.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts