Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Arrgh...just got a call from Tim....seems he had a brain fart and forgot that I had the raised port 225cc heads...it is a custom made gasket from Cometic and is gonna be another 2 weeks...and I am leery of having it sent seperately in case the postal company damages it...so another couple of weeks dammit.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
On the plus side, freight is only $190.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It also turns out that the ARP main studs were missed as well...oh well, better this way that I get everything with no hiccups...and plus it will all be on one skid. Tim said it all weighed 250 lbs...I'm curious now as to how much the whole engine will weigh...I am thinking it will be in the 450lb range which will be fantastic!...550+ HP weighing 450lbs...very cool!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Can I have I have it :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Arrgh...just got a call from Tim....seems he had a brain fart and forgot that I had the raised port 225cc heads...it is a custom made gasket from Cometic and is gonna be another 2 weeks...and I am leery of having it sent seperately in case the postal company damages it...so another couple of weeks dammit.

Sorry to hear that. Kinda like a punch to the gut. Kinda sucks a guy struggling to stay afloat is gonna ship something a month and a half later than planned. But knowing his reputation, I don't think it'll hurt too bad...but if it was a newbie, I could only imagine the flaming.

On the plus side, freight is only $190.

WOW...that's not bad at all. But then how much is it gonna cost you to go pick it up from Montana?

It also turns out that the ARP main studs were missed as well...oh well, better this way that I get everything with no hiccups...and plus it will all be on one skid. Tim said it all weighed 250 lbs...I'm curious now as to how much the whole engine will weigh...I am thinking it will be in the 450lb range which will be fantastic!...550+ HP weighing 450lbs...very cool!

Yeah...waaaaaaaaaaay better having everything sent together.

That's pretty shocking...that's 140lbs lighter than a stocker.

Can I have I have it :D

Sorry man...I'm in line after his friends. So I have to wait for Duncan to die...and as far as I know he only has no friends...so I should be good.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. Kinda like a punch to the gut. Kinda sucks a guy struggling to stay afloat is gonna ship something a month and a half later than planned. But knowing his reputation, I don't think it'll hurt too bad...but if it was a newbie, I could only imagine the flaming.

WOW...that's not bad at all. But then how much is it gonna cost you to go pick it up from Montana?

Yeah...waaaaaaaaaaay better having everything sent together.

That's pretty shocking...that's 140lbs lighter than a stocker.

Sorry man...I'm in line after his friends. So I have to wait for Duncan to die...and as far as I know he only has no friends...so I should be good.

Yeah...chit happens...but what do you do...[confused]
Just my time and diesel to get to Montana...then I gotta pay 5% tax on the whole thing...I'm pretty happy with what that engine will weigh!...hey!!..I got a couple of friends...I pay 'em!!:rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Also...'cause it has been asked before...total cost including shipping is $8140.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also...'cause it has been asked before...total cost including shipping is $8140.

Any way we can get a break down of individual costs? IE labor, heads, pistons, etc? Or would it be too difficult to do?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Any way we can get a break down of individual costs? IE labor, heads, pistons, etc? Or would it be too difficult to do?

I have spreadsheet...I'll see what I can do.

havi

third member
I'd be interested in the breakdown, myself. Especially since I live close enough I could pick it up. But I would have to believe Tim is overwhelmed with the added business over the last year or so. And a brainfart here and there can be expected.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm trying to figure out how to post this spreadsheet I have, but I don't know what the hell I was adding up because the total is $7275 including $190 for delivery.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
But I would have to believe Tim is overwhelmed with the added business over the last year or so. And a brainfart here and there can be expected.

Really? I had heard he was struggling because not many folks had the money to cough up, and he was having to let a couple guys go. Now I know not too long ago, he was uber busy.

I'm trying to figure out how to post this spreadsheet I have, but I don't know what the hell I was adding up because the total is $7275 including $190 for delivery.

Take a screen shot and post it? And Damn Duncan...you'll either be really happy having an extra grand or really sad when you find out where it went.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Take a screen shot and post it? And Damn Duncan...you'll either be really happy having an extra grand or really sad when you find out where it went.

The screen shot will be too small and there is some info I don't want on it...it was my addition that was screwed up...I know what I've paid him and what's owing.

havi

third member
Ben, I may be thinking back to July when he was busy. Time flies when you don't get on here much, lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts