Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

T M I 434

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It'll be schweet when you get it done! Pictures are most definitely needed tho.

Thanks!...I'll be taking lots of pictures and posting them!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Got an e-mail from Tim...the valves are still backorderd so he is going to take some other ones and machine them down from 2.19 to 2.15...looks like it is still on track to be shipped near the end of Sept.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the update Duncan...good to hear Tim has your back.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Talked to Tim last night...we finalized the CR at 11.44:1 which will yield about 9.2 dynamic with around 220-225# compression. He has been backlogged with work and some equipment issues. The pistons will have a 14cc dish machined into them. I'll be calling later next week for another update.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet Duncan...are those pistons the hypers he shows with a 14cc dish...or are these some how a custom job?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sweet Duncan...are those pistons the hypers he shows with a 14cc dish...or are these some how a custom job?

Ya know, I've never asked...I am going to assume they are a custom piston as he adjusts the dish size to suit the CR with whatever head is ued.

Sounds kick *** Duncan, burn out vid :D

That could be arranged!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
It could! it better be!! or i'll send you a poorly written letter saying you suck, thats iff you can see past all the booze stains.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It could! it better be!! or i'll send you a poorly written letter saying you suck, thats iff you can see past all the booze stains.

I'll make sure there is a video one way or another..hehehe.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Actually just having an e-mail chat with him right now....a roller cam and roller rockers...and a possible tie bar system for a .600 lift and 225/235 ish duration.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I remember some body saying that roller cams in these engines were a bad idea, but I can't remember if it was these engines or big blocks.. Hmm...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I remember some body saying that roller cams in these engines were a bad idea, but I can't remember if it was these engines or big blocks.. Hmm...

Probably bad info...these engines and BBF's can both use rollers and more than definitely do. Rollers offer more reliability, power and longevity.

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I remember now, it was some dude named Kris? he said it about BBs some thing about the angle of the heads some thing or other..

These days I dont know what is good or bad info, I get told so many different conflicting thing from so many people engine builders people on forms articles in magazines tv show car shows, most of the time it goes in one ear and out the other.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts