Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project thread - E4OD Shift Kit

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Well I guess they figured out or just have PMs shut down. I had 1 PM for a tailgate panel and got the can not access thing.

I never said anything about "Here" in MY PMs . Most I did talk to r here already , There guess some else over there is a informer also if they did . At least they could /should say why? . Don't really care Only one guy Locally that we wrote through there.

Ow well I dont care. And I do have access through work so I could just get through there and no one would know .

yeah my PM's were cutoff too. they said they are looking into it... haha

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry you guys are all losing your PMs :( I suppose that's partially my fault for gettin' you all to join here and automatically enrolling on their (expletive deleted) list.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay the shift kit has arrived!!!

DSC01109.jpg

Kit includes 2 red STIFF springs, 3 green less stiff springs, 1 large blue spring, a small coupling, a small filter/screen doohickey, 2 wire taps, a drill bit, a red wire which appears to have some sort of resistor or something in the center of it, and 4 separator plate gaskets. Oh and it also included a tranny filter and gasket, but the filter is for 2wd (mine is only about 8k miles old anyways) and my gasket is a brand new Motorcraft, bought it a couple weeks ago. So I'll just save those. Anyone need a brand new 2wd E4OD trans filter? Can't guarantee quality cuz I'm not sure who makes it...

One thing I didn't realize before... Those big plate things on the left are actually gaskets, made of a papery gasket material! On all the pictures i thought they separator plates made of metal. Now I see that the separator plate comes OUT of the tranny and those are the gaskets that go back in with it (after I drill the separator plate). Makes so much more sense now.

I'm gonna bug Chris and get his cell phone number so I can keep him on speed dial during the install :D Not sure if I'll get around to it today, I think I'll relax for a day and wind down, this week has been super hectic. I'll probably pull the drain plug on the pan tonight so the valve body is as dry as possible by tomorrow. More pics to come!

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
HURRY , I need to know the results,, and plenty of pics , gotta have pics.

Mike
Lol, I'll take as many as I can so hopefully I can create a Tech Article later. Just depends on how often I feel like cleaning the oil off my hands to handle the camera :p

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Wear gloves,, in your green state of California , petroleum products have been none to cause Cancer, but ONLY in the state of California.lol

Mike

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Speed dial?? You wont need it. Its super easy. I tired to explain that those were gaskets lol. You will love it. Id like to see how them red springs are. Just read them instructions a few times, and follow them. It shows what bolts to take out to get the valve body out and everything. The only thing that might get annoyin, is gettin the plug off the selonid pack. Mine was broke already so mine unplugged easy. When your taking it out, it might not want to come out of the trans. It pulls through. Ask when you unbolt the vlave body you will get more fluid out. So be ready.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey Chris Do you have free long distance on your cell phone? If so, would you mind PMing me your cell number? If I run into any hang ups during the install it will be much easier for me to call you than to sign onto FTF and PM you and wait for the response.
Speed dial?? You wont need it. Its super easy. I tired to explain that those were gaskets lol. You will love it. Id like to see how them red springs are. Just read them instructions a few times, and follow them. It shows what bolts to take out to get the valve body out and everything. The only thing that might get annoyin, is gettin the plug off the selonid pack. Mine was broke already so mine unplugged easy. When your taking it out, it might not want to come out of the trans. It pulls through. Ask when you unbolt the vlave body you will get more fluid out. So be ready.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yes sir I do. Ill send ya a message.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol, I still got one of them telegraph machines. Ill send you a tap message 1 day.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I never really towed anything big, but I did tow a few walk behind lawn mowers and I did like the way it down shifted.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Won't be installing the shift kit today... Stayed up too late with a lady friend so I didn't get out of bed 'til noon, and now I have to drive out to Sacramento to get a fuel filter for my brother (got algae in his fuel) and I have to take a load of garbage to the dump for my mom... Will be running out of daylight by the time I get back.

Read the instructions front to back last night (they're long!!!) and it's a bit intimidating... Shouldn't be too bad, just LOTS of bolts and check balls to keep track of :p So it'll be going in tomorrow :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
nice.. be shure to take allot of pics.. and vids after the installation when driving

Ford Truck Articles