Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post your gen 7

Fellro

Staff member
The handle is all that is Hurst, likely not made directly by Hurst for the application. It would be no different than if someone rigged a handle on a 4 speed that has the handle go directly into the trans. The only Hurst shifters that can be adjusted are the side mounts. The have external linkage. A T5 only has the handle and block on the top of the trans, there is no adjusting capability other than changing the throw distance, which is done by changing the pivot location or the handle length.

http://www.jegs.com/i/B-M/130/45070/10002/-1

This may likely be what is in there
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/538-0035/10002/-1

This is the adjustable type:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/391-7535/10002/-1

Last edited:
Yeah, the Hurst is what it is. I like the old school look and it will work for a while but eventually I will have another shifter fabricated. Actually, I've measure and if the Hurst shifter didn't have the curve in it just above where it mounts to the tranny, that throws it forward, but instead came straight up out of the tranny and then curved back, it would be perfect. That's why I thought I may just have it cut and then re-welded so that it is straight at the bottom and just curves back at the top. But for a few bucks more I can probably just have one fabricated that is exactly the length and shape I want.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
well, it's a cloudy day, so have to use pic's I have
IMG_1806.JPG

Your interior is immaculate! Very nice, Roy!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Cool Are you going to paint the valve covers later?

when the engine tires and needs a rebuild, I would like to do what Fordzilla80 did. repaint block, new valve covers, cam, etc. but that's way down the road, the engine has low, low mileage, burns no oil, compression great right across, and no valve noise, etc.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
no pollution control, just a block, some wires and hoses, and a carb. pretty bare in there, lots of room to work. if my wife ever finds out what I've been doing, I might just have to sleep in there too :rofl:

A queen size mattress will fit in the bed. Ask me how I know.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I had a 84 F150 I slept in mine going to FL when I had a campershell years ago.

WHAT??!! I thought you were going to have a story about how you and your high school girlfriend went out on a date and were listening to Meat Loaf's "dash board light" and found out about the birds and the bees and that you were glad you put your bed mattress in the box of your truck when no one was looking!!

Last edited:

460Trucker

Never EVER would have guessed it was a service truck.
And, if it's relevant, I am a fan of Meatloaf :wasntme:
And a mattress? Guess my plastic liner just won't do!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Never EVER would have guessed it was a service truck.
And, if it's relevant, I am a fan of Meatloaf :wasntme:
And a mattress? Guess my plastic liner just won't do!

Mike, when I got the truck, it didn't look like it does now. Yes the paint was orange, but that's about it. 4 bald tires, bent silver front bumper with spare tire in the center (how redneck) piece of red cloth for a head liner, dead stereo with blown speakers in the door, etc. But all it needed was TLC since the foundation was solid, so off I went to add all the XLT options to it.

Meatloaf was ok, but back then, I was into Ted Nugent, lol:guns:

plastic liner works Mike, ask me how...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

460Trucker

Meatloaf was ok, but back then, I was into Ted Nugent, lol:guns:

That's funny, Ted Nugent is my all time favorite! (See my signature). And I am going to see him in July with Styx and REO Speedwagon :WooHoo:

plastic liner works Mike, ask me how...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do I dare ask how? :horrormovie: :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts