Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new ride....1970

Can of wd40 and some rags, after you get done washing it pull the dist cap and wipe it dry the spray it down w/ wd40. Be careful of any stickers you want to keep, pressure a will take them right off.

I've had really good luck with Castrol Super Clean, once you get the thick crusty crap off. The hotter the water the better, too. The super clean is kick *** on rubber parts too. Windshield gaskets, tires, etc, you won't believe how black they get.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
So, I put new winter blades on my rig.....took the PO old stickers off of it and put my new ftf sticker on.

I've been working on installing my rear view mirror and have been having a tough time with that little task.

I put on a battery powered light on the roof of the cab so I can have lights when I get in at night.

ftf_sticker.jpg

Next up is wheel paint and roll on bed liner this weekend hopefully (for at least the wheels and the weekend after for the bed liner)....can't wait.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks very nice, Ken. The sticker accents the truck nicely. Good wipers are a definite plus. :D Did you score some intermittent wipers yet?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Representin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your bump not have a dome light?????

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks very nice, Ken. The sticker accents the truck nicely. Good wipers are a definite plus. :D Did you score some intermittent wipers yet?

I love how the sticker comes out as well....thanks.

Sean got me one for my dent and is testing it before he ships it to me. And the link you sent me for my bump on ebay (THANKS A BUNCH), I won the bid and have it in hand already and will try to install that this weekend as well!!!

Representin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your bump not have a dome light?????

DAMN IT BEN.....I'M SUCH A ROOKIE........THERE IS A DOME LIGHT! It's on the top of the back end wall and it works! Ahhhh....I can just take the other one off....crap.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So that means you either need a bulb, or switch, or make sure it's hooked up behind the dash.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
So that means you either need a bulb, or switch, or make sure it's hooked up behind the dash.

It works.....I went out and tried it! Turned the light knob left a click.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
smilieFordlogo smilietease

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I guess I'll just have extra lighting in the cab....can't hurt and it doesn't look all that bad either.

IMG00107-20110615-1126.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
In case I get any wise cracks, the tape will come off....just letting the glue cure!

:wasntme:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
ftf_sticker.jpg

Ken , you do know the dangers of carrying gas cans in the bed of a truck and then filling them at a gas station don't you ?:eek:

No....please share....I need to know these things....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Put my new license plates on the Bump this afternoon:
IMG00109-20110615-1908.jpg

IMG00110-20110615-1909.jpg

My two dome lights :) :
IMG00111-20110615-1910.jpg

I'm having fun playing with my bump.....love this truck more and more.

Tomorrow morning I'll see if my rear view mirror will work, then WHEELS!!!!
smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Where did the meats go!?

[confused]

Man....had to get rid of those things.....they looked great, but they were:

-loud
-very uncomfortable
-made it difficult to turn (no p/s)
-and most important to me is I wanted something to keep me on the roads in the winter.....the PO said this rig couldn't stay on the road with those Thornbirds!

It's been a whole new ride since putting on the A/T's.....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I guess I'll just have extra lighting in the cab....can't hurt and it doesn't look all that bad either.

IMG00107-20110615-1126.jpg

Not having a headliner would drive me insane. Any particular reason to keeping that light there?

Ken , you do know the dangers of carrying gas cans in the bed of a truck and then filling them at a gas station don't you ?:eek:

Please explain...I'd imagine it would have to with static electricty or something, but I do this fairly often as well.

Put my new license plates on the Bump this afternoon:
IMG00109-20110615-1908.jpg

HAHA...I like it.

Where did the meats go!?

[confused]

They were Thornturds...no big loss.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not having a headliner would drive me insane. Any particular reason to keeping that light there?

I had already glued it before I figured out the one already installed and working from the factory was there...:headbang: Figured I could use the extra light I guess......I do plan on doing some insulating since I'll be driving this rig in the winter....so I was going to put some insulation material on the floorboard (I'll do a little body work....no holes and little rust, but sanding and painting won't hurt in the long run) and roof, then put a full mat (saw one on LMC for a decent price that's supposed to fit as one piece) and a cheap headliner for a little more warmth and sound proof.

They were Thornturds...no big loss.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Man....had to get rid of those things.....they looked great, but they were:

-loud
-very uncomfortable
-made it difficult to turn (no p/s)
-and most important to me is I wanted something to keep me on the roads in the winter.....the PO said this rig couldn't stay on the road with those Thornbirds!

It's been a whole new ride since putting on the A/T's.....

That thing would be so much fun in the swamp! I guess that's not your intention for the truck though!

What kind of tires were they?

Thanks!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts