Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Creation

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
yea I just dont like those smaller ones.
I'm a big dude, 6' and weighing in at around 300+#'s of pure man meat baby!!!
those little ones just didn't seem right, I had those laying around so I thought what the hell, then I liked them
I like the hammered metal look on the bumpers

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I had to see what it looked like with the 44's on it, and Highhorse78 wanted to see it too so I got sick of waiting and did it
bronco156.jpg

bronco158.jpg

bronco159.jpg

they need some work so they are just temporary, I'll be putting the 33's back on after I paint their rims

How about: Bear(Bare) Necessities ?

D

Those 44's make the bronco look just evil, love it. Great idea on the door handles, would longer matching shower handles work for the bed? Could you get one of those round billet gas doors to work if the paint doesn't match? I've tossed the idea around in my head but never had the part in hand to see how much work it take to make it work.

Thank you for the compliments on the truck, my inspiration is logging on and seeing everyone trying different things, I find FTE has gotten that if you post about a mod that doesn't fit the mold it's a ***** fest. I check but post a lot less lately. The hydroboost thread is the only one I'm keeping up with since I have I picked up a rebuilt hydroboost on e-bay and will work on installing it. Also picked up the JB stainless twin sticks to put in. I'll take lots of picks and start some threads here on my mis-adventures on installing :).

I try to check my favorite forums everyday; here, FTE, FSB, FTW (dead since it's crash) and 460ford (where I learn how little I know about motor building!). I love to learn from others and see different ideas.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted please.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
It is a real compliment getting good words on my truck from you, I love that monster you built!
I like those big tires too and I am searching for more as we speak, I just hate to go back to the 33's, but know that I will, if I could find two more 44's Ide be good, I found some brand new 44" super swampers on rims for $800 but I don't think I will be able to come up with the money right now, I am trying to sell off some spare parts? and thinking seriously about taking out an equity loan, my house is paid for
I have thought about doing the bed like that, and I have a locking gas tank door that was on the 250's spare tanks that will work, I will probably put that on?
any ways I know what your saying about FTE, I feel and do the same .
well Thank you 77 4XFord have a nice day

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That would be an awesome deal for those 44s on rims. I know what you mean about fitting it back in the doghouse. I'm pushing the limit on just keeping 35s on my truck without almost hitting the top of the garage door. During the winter when my cement heaved a bit, I had to let some air out of the tires in order for me to get it out. Granted, I don't have the motor, tranny or bed on, so I'm hoping a little more weight will bring it down some. I don't want to go with 33s.

Are you going to need to trim off the fenders for those monster tires???

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I just found two 44 x 18.5 x 15 Gumbo Monster Mudders for $300, brand new, never been mounted, I am going to check into them also, that's all I need is two good ones to replace the two bad ones I have?? and it would be easier to come up with that much right now, the wife has been sick in the hospital (she's home now), so of course this is not the right time for me to be thinking about tires for my toy, but these deals don't come around very often
as far as fender trimming goes? I am trying to avoid that for now, I will end up running the 33's most of the time, and just put the 44's on to play in the mud or be COOL!! :cooldude:

Ford Truck Articles