Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Creation

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
heres an UPDATE!!! smilietease

I have a lot of finish work left to do and I have to tweak it a bit, but I'll get it looking good soon :headbang:
bronco131.jpg

I tried to make it a gun metal gray, its metallic silver over black primer' I just went out and looked at it again and it kind of looks like bare metal that was sprayed with clear?, if I leave it like this I'll have to tell everyone I planned it that way smilietease I'll probably wet sand it, but I got overzealous and put my barbed wire pin striping on :hammer:
bronco138.jpg

bronco139.jpg

bronco140.jpg

bronco135.jpg

bronco136.jpg

bronco137.jpg

the sun was right on this shot really making the metal flake POP! it kinda looks like concrete?

Wow...That is really fantastic! You do the barbs yourself?

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Wow...That is really fantastic! You do the barbs yourself?

they are just some barbed wire pin striping that I found on-line, I don't really like them, they kept sticking to the paper and the are sections missing pieces, I would not recommend those particular ones to anybody. I found some better ones earlier on-line here www.stripeman.com they even look neater

I wonder if the joker is going to try and sell the thing again.

who are you talking about? this guy
ac19_12.jpg

if so ? " Wrong Thread ! "

Last edited:
GOING to look great? Looks awesome already. I love it YelloThumbUp

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smiliegitrdone

they are just some barbed wire pin striping that I found on-line, I don't really like them, they kept sticking to the paper and the are sections missing pieces, I would not recommend those particular ones to anybody. I found some better ones earlier on-line here www.stripeman.com they even look neater

who are you talking about? this guy
ac19_12.jpg

if so ? " Wrong Thread ! "

Sick truck. YelloThumbUp

"back in the day" I used to be a part of a (I can't believe I admit this in public) LOW RIDER CLUB in the SanFer. We used a lot of that heavier metalflake in Kandy colors; You probably already know this, but for the sake of all reading, BE CAREFUL when wet-sanding metalflake; Too much, and you cut the flakes, making the cure worse than the disease!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Was that before or during the mullet days Tom?

Great job on the truck Rick!

Sausage sounds mighty tasty this morning....
We grow corn here, plus soybeans, and MILO... but no mullet. That's birdseed.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
"back in the day" I used to be a part of a (I can't believe I admit this in public) LOW RIDER CLUB in the SanFer. We used a lot of that heavier metalflake in Kandy colors; You probably already know this, but for the sake of all reading, BE CAREFUL when wet-sanding metalflake; Too much, and you cut the flakes, making the cure worse than the disease!

No. I didn't know that. Thanks. what I'm thinking is sticking with the bare metal look, I am thinking about trying to carefully wash the truck with some mild scotch brite, just to gently scratch it, like sanded metal, or wet sand it ? but that might be to fine, I do have one good coat of clear over top of the metal flake paint? I don't know, I'll figure it out, I have to find a spot on the truck to try it on where its not noticeable ? I am thinking in the front bottom corner of the fender where it will be hidden by the bumper if I don't like it

If you have a good coat of clear on there, wetsanding with 1000 grit would be fine, but that won't give you that scratched look; it WOULD prep it for more clear, tho, and a few more coats you can scratch to your hearts content!
I think it looks great without scratches, tho...

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
well when the sun is going down and it is not so brite, you can see over laps, espeacially on the front edge of the door where I hit the inside of the door with it open and didn't think about that? I am letting it cure good before I make any decision's, I have to be sure before I do this, I am out of that paint to fix it if I mess up, I do thank you for your input, it really helps!

but no mullet. That's birdseed.

We call our birdseed: Millet

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
It took me few times to figure out what the heck y'all where talking about? now I get-it
I'm a little slow ya know
FatBastard-2.jpg

that's my sad attempt to clean that up a bit using photo-bucket?

You're right dennis... Total brain fart there on my part. I knew something like that was going to happen if I kept talking to Tony...

But still no mullet.

Rick, didnt that pic of that fat kid get you in trouble on another site?smilietease I think a couple more coats of clear would really make it look good and give you more protection.

Ford Truck Articles