Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Creation

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Why YES it did! that is why I tried to clean it up a bit

And to show how good-hearted and fair we MODS are here, I am leaving it there! Bravo!:acclaim:

Aren't we great???
:bowdown:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
That is a definite high point of this site compared to others, we can all go over board with our sense of humor sometimes , (meaning ME!) but at least here they they talk to ya give you (me again) a chance to clean it up
So, Bravo to you my friend, BRAVO TO YOU!!!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I was going to try to scotch brite it and see how it looks, but I got skeered!!!! I might just have to do like everyone says and add more clear before I mess with it? I dont know, I think the more it dries the less you can see the over lap, I really couldn't see it as much, I'll have to wait till later to see if I can still see it

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Thanks, its not going to be anything like your monster, but I'm trying to get something cool going here

You've got the cool, now dial up the powerplant and you'll be doing these.......

pict0029bronco_corrected_filtere-1.jpg

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
That is a bad ass rig isn't it, I'll be sticking with my 351W for now, I plan on DD'ing this truck for a bit

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
What do you guys think about me calling the truck "Bear Metal" or something like that? any suggestions???????????
I have to do something to let people know that the crappy looking paint job was intentional.
bronco131.jpg

bronco138.jpg

bronco139.jpg

bronco140.jpg

bronco135.jpg

Last edited:
I vote for Bear Metal, good hook to it. If you're happy then the rest of the people can fornicate themselves, was that anti-social :).

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I vote for Bear Metal, good hook to it. If you're happy then the rest of the people can fornicate themselves, was that anti-social :).

I am as anti social as they come so don't feel bad. I don't personally care what others think. but I don't want to have to explain it all the time either, Bear Metal came to mind because of bare metal /and a big beast, a bear, I am looking for some of those claw mark decals then maybe I'll add a few bullet holes? I found a decal of an eagle clawing its way out and that got me thinking of " American Steel " and with the barbed wire pin stripe I am thinking of adding some diamond plate rocker panel tape and maybe make a diamond plate wind screen??? I don't know, a little at a time I guess. that's whats great about having a low budget paint job. I can keep adding to it or changing it as I please
Oh by the way 77 4XFord. your truck is an inspiration to me so I appreciate the input. I used to talk to you about it at FTE and you e-mailed me on your paint and what you used, you'll see me at FSB too under Salt-Man.
Later....Rick

I kinda liked you're "Please dont feed the bears" idea. You said you had an airbush, so I was thinkin bloody claw marks would be right up you're alley and they would be easy to do yourself.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
That is pretty catchy isn't it, I am not very familiar with the air brush yet, I have not had many chances to play with it yet, I mean I have the basics to it, its a small air gun basically, but what are you're thoughts on how would you go about making them, I like the bloody idea..

Last edited:
Well I was thinking you could make some simple stencils or buy some if you can find em. Then air brush those scratch/claw marks in red and finish with some black/grey shades and shadows. I think it would really go well with you're paint color and theme. They would look cool in various areas like by the door handles ect.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I just found what I want on-line, its three 10" long gouges and I added Bear Metal to it in text, it covers a 13" x 10" area, for $31 shipped in 2-4 days, I'll see if I can figure out how to down load a picture of what I just did on line? I have to wait a little bit before I order it but I'll be getting it, it was the best I could find of what I want

Last edited:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Here are some more pictures I took today.
before I cleared the truck the rest of the way the other day I added a second strip of barbed wire, I had it so I figured what the heck, I also think it compliments the silver one
bronco144.jpg

I also put the heavy pull handles on that I made from some stainless steel bathroom pulls
bronco145.jpg

and I sprayed my bumpers too, they were rusty N crusty
bronco151.jpg

bronco147.jpg

bronco150.jpg

they came out better then the whole truck?
now here is the one thing I dont think I can live with? I forgot to spray the gas door when I did the truck, so I tried to match it up when I did the bumpers, I didn't get it
bronco146.jpg

but I also sprayed both of my locking gas doors off of my 250 and I am thinking of using one of them, sorry no pictures of those.
so what do you think so far

Ford Truck Articles