Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

More Parts!!!

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
here's the stainless wheel well trim I put on today, it's not new but ok.

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Some Jewelers Rouge will help get rid of the scratches and really make them shine. They different grades.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Just enough bling for the truck; looks great Roy! You need to fly me up there to work my magic on the paint. :D

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Just enough bling for the truck; looks great Roy! You need to fly me up there to work my magic on the paint. :D

thanks Austin :wavey: yes, the paint is a big constant thing I've been thinking about. Would like to repaint black, but I don't want to have to strip apart the truck. Problem is it's orange everywhere!!! At a minimum I would take the box off to spray the cab properly, but the interior is a different story. Don't want it to look like a pumpkin!! (oh, I guess it already does, but you know, black and orange,lol)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well if you clean real well and do a light sanding you can paint the door jambs and such with a small detail spray gun. BTW I sent you some reps.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Well if you clean real well and do a light sanding you can paint the door jambs and such with a small detail spray gun. BTW I sent you some reps.

Hi Cliff, doesn't the spray get into the headliner and stuff. I'm thinking they must mask off the interior to spray the inside of the cab, not just the door jambs?

thanks!!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Cliff, doesn't the spray get into the headliner and stuff. I'm thinking they must mask off the interior to spray the inside of the cab, not just the door jambs?

thanks!!

Yeah they do mask it off with tape and paper. The results is well worth it if you do it yourself.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
still don't know how well of a job I would do :(
it's one of the things I've never done, but I really would like it if it did get new paint in the summer

I'm new to it too. I can afford the supplies easier than I can paying a pro to paint it. I also plan to order some DVD from Kevin Tetz's one of the best fabricators and painters in the biz.

http://www.paintucation.com/

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
thanks for another link Cliff, I too cannot get a pro to do it. Looks like you and I have our work cut out.

Custom paint by Cliff and Roy :)

I know the color I want and summit racing has it for around $80.00 for a gallon but I am still looking at the other supplies.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
are you renting a paint gun and compressor? I've heard of people using spray cans but it actually costs more! you'd be using like 15+ cans at around $10, adds up quick.

I need to get a compressor and I have been looking on CL not much luck finding a cheap good one. I already have a detail spray gun and I will keep looking for other tools I need. Pawn Shops are a good place to look I got a decent DA Sander for $20.00. Being on a fixed income really hurts sometimes.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I need to get a compressor and I have been looking on CL not much luck finding a cheap good one. I already have a detail spray gun and I will keep looking for other tools I need. Pawn Shops are a good place to look I got a decent DA Sander for $20.00. Being on a fixed income really hurts sometimes.

the other big hurdle is I don't have a place to spray. could get one of those really cheap car shelters.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts