Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

More Parts!!!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
and here's the new rear bumper!!!!! :)

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

have the stainless wheel well trim to go on next. happy! happy! joy! joy!

That looks REALLY nice, Roy. Are the lights below the bumper used for backup lights? If so, did you just wire them to the bulbs in the lense?

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
That looks REALLY nice, Roy. Are the lights below the bumper used for backup lights? If so, did you just wire them to the bulbs in the lense?

thanks Doug :)

I tapped into the factory backup wire on each side of the rear lenses. They can only come on in reverse, the police are really cracking down on people who put on any type of lighting other than from the factory.

the driveway on the farm has no lighting, so this helps a lot. the little backup lights are just to let others know what your doing :suspicious:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
390.JPG

You bet that truck needs a home....That's a '69 F250 Camper Special, the same 'deluxe combination two tone' paint scheme as the '68 F100 I bought new....

68F100.jpg

Hi Brad, seeing that picture of your '68 really makes me want to go and save the '69!! I really like the early Ford trucks, and this guy has 5 just sitting there, and because he's in the scrap business, you know what will happen to them. I'm going to get the headers later this week off a Bronco with a 351W before he gets rid of it. He said it won't be there much longer!! guess he has to make a living

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Brad, way to date yourself. :rofl:

1968 was 44 years ago. Estimating that you were at least 18 when you bought that truck, 44 plus 18 is 62. So now I know that you're eligible for Kohl's senior citizen discount. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
thanks Doug :)

I tapped into the factory backup wire on each side of the rear lenses. They can only come on in reverse, the police are really cracking down on people who put on any type of lighting other than from the factory.

the driveway on the farm has no lighting, so this helps a lot. the little backup lights are just to let others know what your doing :suspicious:

Are you using those lights as well as the reverse lights?, if so you might wind up taking a fuse out. I assume those lights are 35 watts...you might need to run an auxillary power wire to the rear and use a relay.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Are you using those lights as well as the reverse lights?, if so you might wind up taking a fuse out. I assume those lights are 35 watts...you might need to run an auxillary power wire to the rear and use a relay.

yes Duncan, the factory back up lights and the two utility lights all come on. they seem to be getting enough power to properly light, but I'm taking a chance on burning out the reverse switch, so I will wire them separately. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I ran mine off of the fuse block in the cab to a switch in the dash with an inline fuse. Works good for me!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I ran mine off of the fuse block in the cab to a switch in the dash with an inline fuse. Works good for me!

Off a spare fuse?..never mind, I assume you mean the relay :D

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
actually, I was thinking of air shocks, but..... I'm saving for headers. The ones I took a pic of are to much trouble.

That is the reason I traded my 351W headers for a truck bed. I rather have a set that hang properly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts