Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

just bought a 94 f150

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
from the headers to the glass pack is 3'' the outlet is 2.5....that is a pic b4 i bought it n all i did was ut it infront of the rear axle n put a megaphone on it

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im startin to think the belt is actually the problem....today i hosed it down good w belt dressing twice and after about 30 mins it start squeekin again

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
cuz im thinkin if it were a bushing on a pulley like he said the dressing wouldnt do anything

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
im startin to think the belt is actually the problem....today i hosed it down good w belt dressing twice and after about 30 mins it start squeekin again

Sorry to say but it's highly unlikely that it's coming from the crank pulley... There ain't no bearing on it. I suspect that you feel like you're hearing it from there but it's coming from somewhere else. [highlight]Either that or a bad belt. Remove the belt and turn it inside out so you can see the ridges, then bend it back so that the back of the belt touches itself (make a loop in it, ridges side facing out). Inspect the ridges for cracks.[/highlight]

Belt dressing is snake oil-- don't waste your money. [highlight]If that was a temp fix then I'm almost positive it's the belt.[/highlight] In fact, even if it's new it might still be the belt. I had problems with belts squeaking right outta the package. Then I [highlight]switched to a Gatorback and never had problems again.[/highlight]

:wasntme:

It's a bad belt. Get a Gatorback.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
how much do the gator back run $55? $60?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
They sell parts cheaper to you cause they feel bad since your truck never gets any real use.

Hey hey hey...lay off pavement pounders. And please don't make Chris go digging for his 'wheeling' pics again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts