Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How To get Power From a 302...

I have a 0-60 video clip, now I just have to get it off the phone.. which requires a USB cable I don't have... yet. It's not 10 seconds like that one above but it's not a lot slower.. about 13sec from a dead stop. Standby....

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
here is a new 0-60 i did just like 10 minutes ago. and still have the old rear end in the bed and the motor is still cold had been sitting all day without running and was just started up and just barely warmed up any.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i wanna do a 0-60 but my speedo doesnt work.. seems like im getting there in 5 seconds

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Here's the 0-60 video I took with my phone. It's really dark after being uploaded for some reason but for reference 60mph is when the needle is straight up not where it peaks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorstuff/4151399689/

is that the truck you have in the sig??

then waw im glad i went carbed... im gonna do a gear 1 to 3 run since my speedo doesnt work... so you guys can compare!

is that the truck you have in the sig??

then waw im glad i went carbed...

Yes.. but a carb wouldn't help this one, that's what happens when you put a 5.0 into a 5000lb truck without enough gearing... it's slooooow. You don't even want to know how doggy this thing was with and all stock 5.0.

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Simple solution: BOOST!!!!:nana:

Simple solution: BOOST!!!!:nana:

Ha... yeah that would fix her. I got the solution(more displacement) sitting in the garage in pieces but I have no money to finish it since getting laid off earlier this year so that project is on the back burner now. :mad: This truck is going to be my work vehicle now and I can see me doing a lot of towing with it so 4.10 gears goes to the top of the list when I get some $$. YelloThumbUp Besides that I have fixed a bunch of things on it recently including the cruise control(frayed wire below the brake booster) so it's actually a nice truck to drive again.

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Don't blame ya Paul. I have some parts I've scrounged up to help my 302 (roller cam, lifters, etc.) but not the extra cash or time right now to put it in. I have thought about a 393 but the gas mileage would suck....

Diesel swap maybe??????:wasntme:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I'm thinking about getting a F303 cam and 1.6 roller rockers...

How are the F cams?

not soo popular with the F150 crowd and well outdated more popular with the mustangs.. its made for lighter vehicles it makes it power way upthere in the powerband i recommend the 35-351-8 ;)

you may wanna experiment and go with the Fcam why not?

Last edited:
not soo popular with the F150 crowd and well outdated more popular with the mustangs.. its made for lighter vehicles it makes it power way upthere in the powerband i recommend the 35-351-8 ;)

you may wanna experiment and go with the Fcam why not?

Oh okay... I was just wondering because this guy i know has one and he said he would sell it to me cheap.

Hey, will the 35-351-8 have a lopey idle?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts