Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

head gasket blew rest of the way

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It's him LOL

austinchris.jpg

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
wtf? what the hell is that head on the beeotchs body?

oh... and btw everyone its gonna be 3 days at least before i can get it back together... the intake bolts are so hard to find, (like 20 left) that the dealership is having them shipped in from i think they said Texas...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^What about just going with ARP's?????? Should be able to get them from Summit by tomorrow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wouldn't his intake be older than 2001 making those bolts work. I think the Sears near me sells bolts that look like that. Or probably could have found some at pull-a-part. I have never had to special order a bolt :rolling laugh:

Yeah...his is older than 2001...but a 1967 carbed engine/intake isn't going to have the same intake (and I guess bolts) as his efi intake. At least, that's what I'm assuming. But I still couldn't imagine that bolt being entirely difficult to find, regardless of what he needs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I could make carbed intake bolts work. But I want it done correctly.

So what's wrong the bolts I posted? And what size is the bolt? Is there anything special about these bolts?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I find it hard to believe Ford is the only people that ever produced these bolts. Money says if you gave me the size of the bolts you need, I could run down to Rowzer's after work and get em all for under $20...grade 8 style of course.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ive looked at all the hardware stores... only place that can do something similar is Fastenal... but would be about the same amount of money for a custom made bolt and would take same amount of time, but their is the risk of it slightly being wrong...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So are you telling me you don't know what size the bolt is??????

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I can vouch for him on the hard to find bolts. Dad and I couldn't find water pump bolts when we broke them on his truck. Had to go to the Lincoln dealer to find them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
they are 5/8 x 18 threads per inch. but the way they are made is whats hard to find bout them...

Chris...I'm really not trying to bust your balls on this one, I'm just curious as to what is sooooo different about them. So what is different about the way they're made? I mean, I've snapped off, broken, replaced alot of bolts in my day...and the biggest issue I've ever encountered is when you start talking 2.5"+ length bolts that need to be threaded the whole way...and they're not. Then I just bust out the die set. Not to mention, my father had his own manufacturing/machine shop business for 15 years...and I've picked up a thing or two...and I'm really having a difficult time in understanding why these bolts are so special. Cuz I know you could walk in to NAPA and get 5/8x18 bolts off the shelf by me...in the grade 5 or grade 8 flavors...and they'd charge you less than a buck for either.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
The bolts are not that hard to find. Heck I found bolts at sears hardware for a Harley one time. The look on the guy's face when I carried a motorcycle wheel into Sears was priceless.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts