Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

head gasket blew rest of the way

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Depends on what manifolds you have I think. I needed a few different lengths for each manifold on mine. Just measure the length for each hole then add like half inch to an inch to go into the head. If you wind up with bolts a little two long a washer or two isn't going to hurt to make up the difference. I can measure mine if you want.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I went and measured. I have 2 inch studs for the shorter part of the manifold and 4 inch studs for the longer part. This was what was available to me at the shop I was working at at the time. They are a bit long. If you use bolts I think 1.5 inch and 3 inch should work. Just bring a manifold to Tractor supply or lowes, home depot, etc. and stick a bolt in the hole and make sure it sticks out like an inch so it can thread into the head and you should be fine.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That's good. Now you don't have to wait days. Stop procrastinating and get to work smilietease

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Take the front wheels off and get the front of the truck down low so you don't have to lean over so much.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I hope he isn't using the kneepads to bribe a Ford Mechanic into finishing it for him :rofl2:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
If I were you I would resist mentioning you purchased a set of knee pads on here :wasntme:

smilietease

He's gonna need them...

drag20isiah20dominatrix.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rolling laugh:

Ford Truck Articles