Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 6 SuperCab Club

Do you have to cut grass or even own a lawn mower

Yes I had grass in the backyard of that house. I have been in the desert since I was 3 & hate it. I have a little bit of grass in the front yard of the new house & will have more out back someday. Really wish I lived somewhere that trees & grass was natural.

No, not me! Had a push mower in Sacramento for ~2 years tho.
But many do tho. :/

After the soil is disturbed goat-heads (bullheads) tumble weeds
(Russian thistle) desert broom and other -junk- grows instead of
the original stuff. Those that brought their "wet ideas" with them
tend to make a big mess.

--------------------

John, yes the bed and frame and suspension are all still intact.
Thought about a pickup-bed trailer but prob'ly won't mess with it.
The front has new disc brakes on it and perfect for an F100 Bump.
That was something else I thought I might get was a Bump to fix
up but decided to fix-up a '91 Bronco instead.

Alvin in AZ

Long or short. Hard to tell from angle but betting on long hoping for short.
John

Trees and Grass

John In Alberta

How does that sound

Hopefully I will have another one saved. This one poped up on Craigs list today for $1000.
JOhn
78_super_cab.jpg

Hey Supercab guys I found a donor cab, cab only with no rust other than very little on the floor pans. $400 delivered sound reasonable?

No doors, but back glass, rear windows, and dash/cluster are included.

Late 70's supercab in Arkansas. What stuff you talking about besides location? I have a SC in need of a bed and cab so between my rusty inside cab and this one I should have a good cab. I was just wondering if $400 was reasonable since I cant really find many donor cabs without buying a whole truck.

Fellro

Staff member
In this neck of the woods, it would be cheap, can't answer for you area. There is one place seems to think they are worth 1500 around here...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Sold...but never forgotten.

Well, no I sold her outright to help pay for my mom's car she desperately needed. I posted about in general discussion - anyway I hope I'm still allowed to be in the Gen 6 club :(

Sucks to have had to sell it but the right decsion. Your mom should always come first. There are lots of trucks around & later on you can buy annother cant say the same about making life better for family
& always welcome by me.
John

I did a search but cant find anything so I figured I'd ask here. I pulled the back windows out of my truck (yes, it was a sin to chop it up) and want to swap them in my donor but dont know how to get them out without screwing the cab up (like I did pulling the first set out). How in the world do you do this the right way?

Fellro

Staff member
Are we talking quarter windows, or rear window? Similar action either way... take the chrome-ish strip out, then push the rubber seal over the lip (screwdriver may be required...) and they will come out. The rear window can be done easier by using a rope to hold the seal a little better away from the frame. I'm sure someone else will be able to explain a bit better...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts