Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 6 SuperCab Club

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Here is a pic of my 79 supercab f150 that I upgraded to 3/4 ton, redid it in '98 but the bed has since been replaced and now the drip rails are beginning to rust....Unrulee I should p/u your parts truck cab and just switch it over...currently looking for a cab to swap out somewhere close to NJ, she has not let me down since getting it it '97, just acquired more dentsides to keep it company.m78 that is a sweet looking s/c
hsp1g5.jpg

wow those are awesome.....

OK no pics yet but will start a thread in a couple weeks. I have just bought two trucks to make one nice one I hope. The first is a 90 F Super Duty. Basicaly an F-450 with a 7.3 N/A and 5-speed. It has a 161 in wheelbase so I will have to bring the back axle forward to match up with the 76 Supercab body wheelbase which is 155? Yall correct me if I am wrong about that. Should be cool truck. The dualy rear is not as wide as modern SD rears. I plan to tub the bed slightly if I need to for the inner tires. For rear fenders to cover the outer wheel I am going to get 4 of the old Bob-Truck front fenders and cut, splice and weld them to the the bed. Then maybe I can get in on this Super Club right. So what do yall think smiliegitrdone

looking at buying a 78 f250 lariat supercab that needs a motor will keep you posted and does any one know of a good cheap divorce lawyer? probebly will need one when the wife finds out what i am up to! lol that thing that "it just followed me home" dosn:t work any more! lol

You have to get another parking area other than at home. If she don't know it's over there she won't want a divorce.

1976 F250

Hi everyone

this is my first post. I have had a great time reading all of your info on the site.

I have a couple Ford P/U's, but my favorite is the 1976 super cab my dad bought new. He ordered it and saw it being made. It has over 250,000 miles on it. I put a new 460 in it that I got out a 1971 Lin Continental. It was an aniversary edition, it runs great. The P/U is in good condition and hope to do a complete restoration on it soon. My biggest problem with is the fan noise, replaced the clutch a couple times but still load. I will get pictures and add soon.:wavey:

For the topic I have 3 supercabs. 2 long bed 4x4s & i shorty 2wd factory 460
driver/tow rig.
0037.JPG

Possible parts truck :(
803.jpg

Can't find any of the 2wd

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Wanna throw one my way?

BTW, those SD rims look awesome on there!

Wanna throw one my way?

BTW, those SD rims look awesome on there!

Come on down $1600 gets the parts truck & it has 60s front & rear But some rust in the floor boards
0121.JPG

0057.JPG

& thanks on the wheels
Can't figure out the rusty floors. Rest of undercarrige looks great. Was going to sell it to a guy in florida but with the rust I told him would not be worth shipping.

Hey everyone!

1978 F150 Supercab 4x4 351m Short wheel base. Just got it and it needs a lot of work but im no stranger to a wrench.

Here she is:
1291415541.jpg

I really like the look of that. I wish they made one from the factory. I really think I will cut the blue one down to make a short bed 4x4.
John

Do you have to cut grass or even own a lawn mower
No, not me! Had a push mower in Sacramento for ~2 years tho.
But many do tho. :/

After the soil is disturbed goat-heads (bullheads) tumble weeds
(Russian thistle) desert broom and other -junk- grows instead of
the original stuff. Those that brought their "wet ideas" with them
tend to make a big mess.

--------------------

John, yes the bed and frame and suspension are all still intact.
Thought about a pickup-bed trailer but prob'ly won't mess with it.
The front has new disc brakes on it and perfect for an F100 Bump.
That was something else I thought I might get was a Bump to fix
up but decided to fix-up a '91 Bronco instead.

Alvin in AZ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts