Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you need specific areas, let me know before it gets cold here.I can go photograph them

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
if you need specific areas, let me know before it gets cold here.I can go photograph them

Thanks Dennis...I'll keep that in mind.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here a few pics of the truck:

from_Val_580.JPG

from_Val_576.JPG

from_Val_574.JPG

from_Val_573.JPG

from_Val_572.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Wow Duncan I didnt know it was in that good of shape.

It is in amazing shape...that is the original paint even!!. The condition it was in was why I was all over it...I know I could have got it cheaper if I had gone to the States myself, but I didn't have the time.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It was in California originally and then went to Southern Oregon. I'm the 4th owner and there is 125,000 miles on it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Seems solid...the original Ford sticker is still on the driveshaft. There is no rust. The front slip joint will need replacing (surprise, surprise) and the transfer case and rear end are leaking....that happened after the first year when I had it in storage (inside) but not temperature controlled. I will be doing a rebuild on the transmission this winter and will take care of the leaks at that time. There was an auxillary gas tank added (20 US Gal)...the sticker shows it added in 1979....it does not read the level however.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The gauge is ok as it reads the main tank....probably the sender..I will be replacing all the fuel lines anyway and putting an electric pump and regulator in with a pressure gauge in the engine compartment. It is leaking from the pinion seal...I will probably just wind up tearing the whole rear axle apart as I want to put a disk brake set-up on it...which will lead to the axles being changed...which will lead to an ARB or Locker...yadda, yadda yadda.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Does it got a 9 inch in it?

Yes and a 44 front...I would guess the 9'' is a 31 spline. 3.50 gears...which I will keep...there are 32'' tires on it which is fine by me.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Probly 3.50 gears. Not sure on the spline count though. Them 9"s are a good half ton rear end.

I should have worded that better..it does have 3.50 gears in it...open diff. We used to use the 9'' in cars when we were younger...keep 2 center sections...one for highway driving, one for fun.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Dang Duncan,that's a good lookin truck.Are those mirrors original?They look really high up to me.Kinda looks like the arms were bent upwards.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dang Duncan,that's a good lookin truck.Are those mirrors original?They look really high up to me.Kinda looks like the arms were bent upwards.

Thanjs!...and no they are not....the original ones were the small auto type ones...you can still see the marks where they were and there is still an insert and screw on each side from them....I really wish the small ones were on the truck still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts