Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Sounds like a plan. Make sure you tell him your not racing the truck or you'll be scratching tires every time it shift. smiliepeelout

That wouldn't be all bad would it?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Should have a real good C6 once it's done and it shouldn't cost you that much either.

I'm hoping so...probably around a grand with converter.

Sounds like a plan. Make sure you tell him your not racing the truck or you'll be scratching tires every time it shift. smiliepeelout

Yeah...I've gotta have a longer chat with him when the time grows nearer....I do want much firmer shifts. I might have TCI build a converter...I don't know yet...I want to be able to tow my quad and the truck turns around 27-2800 on the highway...so a 3000 stall will cause me headaches. Those 434's seem to be making 400+ tq @2000 so that's something else to be taken into consideration.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can see this project is gonna be never ending...I knew that deep inside...probably why I am procrastinating on it....I can see the next thing being a rear disk swap.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Does anybody have any good, clear pictures of an unmolested engine compartment for a '79?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can probably get you one. Any particular area ?

Ideally a few pictures of the whole thing, showing wiring routing mainly.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'll get the pictures but, you know how electrical stuff changes itself over the years.

That's my concern Mark...I have the shop and parts manual but it's easier with actual pictures to go along with them...whatever you can do would be appreciated!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is a start...thanks a lot!

WiringHarnessrouting-1.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks for the reply Dennis, but I have those drawings....it is actual pictures I'm after to look at...I have the shop and parts manuals.

well I can provide some original shots of 78.
What area specifically are you looking for ?

VacuumHoseroutingfromVacuumTree.jpg

TransVacuumHose.jpg

Kickdownlinkagecarb.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Electrical routing mainly, but overall views...my goal is to get it as close to original looking as possible. Is that split loom factory?
Thanks for posting the photos!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Here's what I have for pics. Hope they help YelloThumbUp.

005.jpg

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

Smogged400.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

no...................tape wrap is factory

you will need the little plastic clips for factory

get them at a bodyshop supply store

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.