Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow nice truck! Actually I love all your vehicles! :beer:

Me too, awesome trucks, and that Mustang is gorgeous.

I love that truck you have there man, so nice. ;)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks again for all the compliments...and yes it is a shortbed XLT with dual shocks, tilt, air and cruise...the original sticker is still on the driveshaft.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!...and I got the ownners's guide and spec book through Helm, and got the shop manual and parts manual on CD's.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
hehe...I was just at the right time and the right place.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Here is a shot of the tailgate and 1 side....the trim has only 3 small dings on the whole truck.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks...and just a heads up, when the other engine gets done I will be selling the Edelbrock intake and carb and the headers...the headers are of course rusty but no dings or apparant thin spots.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
An update.....got the lower garage kinda cleaned up....the truck is moved and ready for the engine to be started on....my help never showed up yesterday so I did not get my compressor moved from one garage to the other. TMI is pretty much paid up so I have to get the block bored to order the right size of piston and then all the parts will be shipped up, although I will have the 4 bolt main caps sent up first so all the machining can be done at once. The engine will be TMI's 434 with the CHI 3V heads and intake, roller cam and rockers and the CR will be about 12.2:1. TMI figures it will be in the 575 or better TQ and HP. As you can see in the pcture it is leaking all kinds of stuff...it hasn't moved in nearly a year.

bike_012.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice truck, what is the comination that makes a 434 ?

4.25 inch stroke by 4.02 bore....so actually 431.5......or 435.8 if a 4.04 bore....stoker motor should develop over 400lb ft TQ at 2000 rpm.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Minor update....heads are being cc'd and then pistons are being machined. Final CR is going to be 11-11.5:1 down from the original plan. TMI has some valves on BO but is going to try and ship everything be the end of Sept. My lazy azz still hasn't pulled the motor yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts