Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
How did I miss this thread......nice shop

Exactly!!!

I always thought you were cool Duncan, but a badarse garage and a "M" man to top it off.........................YOU ROCK!!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Exactly!!!

I always thought you were cool Duncan, but a badarse garage and a "M" man to top it off.........................YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks Lee!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I had big plans to get the engine out this weekend but due to a little episode with my hand it's been put off for a bit. Got the rad drained, hood off and started to remove the fan...that's where I stopped.

79_R_and_R_002.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Have any of you guys seen a bracket like this...it was pointed out to me that this is not a stock item yet the bracket is curved to accomodate the vacuum can that you can see at the top of the picture...it looks like there are tabs that at one time held the black coffee can in place but now a tie wrap was doing the job...any thoughts?

79_R_and_R_005.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never seen that Bracket before Duncan...the can in the Bronco just has a bracket attached to it with a 1/2" stud at each end that goes through the inner fender and uses a nut for attachment.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Never seen that Bracket before Duncan...the can in the Bronco just has a bracket attached to it with a 1/2" stud at each end that goes through the inner fender and uses a nut for attachment.

Thanks Ben...it looks like a factory item but I don't know anywhere near enough to say.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like a Vacuum can bracket Duncan.

I figured that Tex as the can was zip tied to it but I was told it was not factory but it sure looks like it is.

It is factory, not a great idea for a bracket but it is factory correct.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is factory, not a great idea for a bracket but it is factory correct.

Thanks for the info!!...Is it for the cruise control?....It shows one under the fender in my Ford manual but doesn't show the one in the picture I took.

I'm not sure if it is for the cruise or not. I had thought the cruise can was the one under the inner fender well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not sure if it is for the cruise or not. I had thought the cruise can was the one under the inner fender well.

That is what the Ford manual shows...the one under the fender well. One of the tabs has broken off on the can mount in the picture...it will be junkyard search time...hopefully!

That IS a factory bracket for a 78/79 Ford truck Vacuum reservoir

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just finished talking to a guy I dealt with 25+ years ago who does racing transmissions...he's still in business and building the same kind of transmissions....so to simplify my life, I'm gonna take the C6 outta the truck when the engine comes out and have him do a build on it...he does his own valve body modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts