Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you see, I paint stuff and use the sun to help cure it, they P/C stuff and put it in the sun for whatever reason. Maybe it's the only room they have or it has to be outside because of space.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks, but no thanks on the axle, already have all the parts for mine plus aftermarket axles...and I doubt that guy spent any time grinding down castings :D.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Speaking of grinding..some pics before the first pile of stuff went to be powdercoated. In case anyone is wondering why there are still marks from the grinder....the powdercoat place bakes everything in an oven for several hours to bleed any oil or crap out of the metal, then they sandblast all pieces...so any grinding marks will be erased and I did finish everything with a 50 grit Roloc disk and surface prep pad on the corners.

79_Truck_0036.JPG

79_Truck_01411.JPG

79_Truck_00413.JPG

79_Truck_00912.JPG

Only used the surface conditioning pads on any aluminium...got rid of all the previous bolt markings:

79_Truck_0176.JPG

79_Truck_0188.JPG

First load of stuff, plus other pieces in cab:

79_Truck_0197.JPG

Started on the rotors/hubs/spindle:

79_Truck_00815.JPG

79_Truck_00913.JPG

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Randy!..sure going through the grinding disks!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I said screw it to the electric grinder and got 2 air units with 1\4'' collets..one 90 deg and one straight..I've found them much, much easier to get into tight spots...also got a 2'' and 3'' Roloc backing disk and by using the 3'' ones on the 2'' backing plate it can flex...same as the conditioning pads. I also picked up a set of rubber expansion drums as well...there have only been a few spots that I couldn't get at and had to use the Dremel.

Thanks, but no thanks on the axle, already have all the parts for mine plus aftermarket axles...and I doubt that guy spent any time grinding down castings :D.

Not for the present project but for the possible other project

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not for the present project but for the possible other project

Too far down the road for collecting stuff like axles...small stuff I'm getting together though. The car is next after the truck.

primetime

sawmill slave
DNFXDLI, you have WAY too much time onyour hands, but you do damn nice work. I yike it, I yike it a yot. BTW, what`s your car?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DNFXDLI, you have WAY too much time onyour hands, but you do damn nice work. I yike it, I yike it a yot. BTW, what`s your car?

Thanks!..and I need more time..work is getting in the way...:rofl: :rofl:

Car is........

from_Val_461.JPG

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Is that your atv in the background. Looks like a nice piece of property.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is that your atv in the background. Looks like a nice piece of property.

No...that is a buddy with his son at his Dad's place. That is a Grizzly 700.

primetime

sawmill slave
Oh, just a GT 500. I`d throw a Hellion twin turbo kit and some stickies on it and call it good. Just sayin.smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Oh, just a GT 500. I`d throw a Hellion twin turbo kit and some stickies on it and call it good. Just sayin.smilieFordlogo

Not in a million years a turbo..:D...turbos are for diesels and rice :D
I'm still waffling on what to do with it. Factory bottom end is good to 700rwhp...more and I need to redo the engine...not sure if I want to do that.
I'm thinking that that kind of power and being able to hook it up will be enough.
Still debating/waffling.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not going with the Dakota Digital setup?

EDIT: the only thing it doesn't have is trans temp

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not in a million years would I pervert my dash on this truck with that!..there is no doubt it's a cool setup, but I figured it would be obvious by now that I am trying to keep a lot of the original look...like the radio for example.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not in a million years would I pervert my dash on this truck with that!..there is no doubt it's a cool setup, but I figured it would be obvious by now that I am trying to keep a lot of the original look...like the radio for example.

It still keeps things semi original looking, IMO. But I understand ya. :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts