Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You gonna offer an opinion on what I posted?? :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You gonna offer an opinion on what I posted?? :D

I guess I could do that! :rofl: Are you going to keep the blue paint color for the truck? If so, I like em. If not - the blue on em will look out of place.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is being repainted the original color.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Then you've gained my approval. Have you thought about their platinum antique series? Or is that too much bling?

EDIT: tis the American Platinum I was thinking of.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't care for the white or the short sweep.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Took the old axle shafts apart today...found out why one was a little stiff..hehehe. Not bad I suppose for being what I'm thinking is original.

79_truck_01111.JPG

79_truck_01412.JPG

79_truck_01210.JPG

Comparison of the Moser axles to the factory units. Mosers are also machined to accept full circle clips. I will be getting the shafts, clips and u-joints dry filmed.

79_truck_0156.JPG

79_truck_0168.JPG

79_truck_0177.JPG

79_truck_0189.JPG

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Got confirmation today that NOS springs (front), tierods, all bushings, bumpstops, parking brake cables are being shipped.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What are you going to do that would snap a shaft?

smilietease

Looks good! Probably one of the finest dent builds I have EVER seen.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and thanks Derek!...looking forward to seeing your truck being done as well...maybe there will be a show we can meet up at!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Duncan, I know you've been working on this thing for a few years now...do you have an eta on it....can't wait to see it done.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey Duncan, I know you've been working on this thing for a few years now...do you have an eta on it....can't wait to see it done.

When it gets done..:D..I am cutting no corners. Eg...rear springs....new pack broken apart and individual springs dry filmed. It's turning into more work than I imagined, but I think the end result will be worth it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Duncan you are picking up a little speed

The body shop lit a fire...I have to have the rolling chassis done by the end of August..or Septemberish for them to take it..and at that point, I have to figure out if I have $$ for the bodyshop...if either doesn't happen, then it will be pushed back.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
When it gets done..:D..I am cutting no corners. Eg...rear springs....new pack broken apart and individual springs dry filmed. It's turning into more work than I imagined, but I think the end result will be worth it.

Ok....but Cliff's right....lots of activity lately....I think you gained a lot of ground....can't wait to see this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts