Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Duncan the first pic in post 935 shows enough room to sleep!
Just sayin...

:)

Looks like its coming along nicely, a good shipment of parts i see. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have slept in the back of that before...:rofl: and thanks, front axle housing is on the list tomorrow amongst other things.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
for grinding or to be recieved?

I wish i was patient enough to take pictures, usually when i jump into a project i dont want to stop to take pics, then when im about done i remember, doh i was gunna take pics! hahahah

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
For grinding...I'm taking hundreds of pictures...for documentation and reassembly. Body shop will do the same thing, figures he will have around 500 for me!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea. That makes since, and if i ever took on a project like you are now, i would probably do the same...

I suppose i really could get a digital camera and take pics of all the stuff i do. Then have like 900 tech threads on here, albeit they wont all be for FORD vehicles...

I may just go pick up a camera tomorrow duncan! haha

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those digital cameras are fantastic..the whole concept is from the picture taken to the storage to the accessibility of said picture...and the fact that the cost is practically zero. I've also taken a pile of videos as well for aid in the reconstruction.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
My problem is, once im in work mode, its hard for me to stop every little bit to take a picture. Now if i had somebody to take the pictures for me. I would totally be cool with that. I could step back for 20 seconds while somebody snaps pics!

(this makes me think i need to find a new woman who can work a camera and tolerate my wrenching all at the same time)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It wasn't easy for me either, not used to doing it at all...but had to keep telling myself to do it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looking at these couple of books I picked up...very cool...both measure nearly 20'' x 20'' and are laid out very well.

79_Truck_00512.JPG

79_Truck_00611.JPG

79_Truck_00710.JPG

79_Truck_00814.JPG

This guy covers everything from the Bronco, F-series, panel van, L Series..nice and big fold out drawings!

79_Truck_00911.JPG

79_Truck_01013.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Cool! I'd be half tempted to put them away in a safe somewhere. :D

Looking good Duncan. Are you going to remember what all you bought ?

It's fun getting NOS parts. Sometimes you want to put them in a showcase.
Here's my latest, a set of NOS D60 locks .

00217.JPG

I have that same book for the 1978.

Bill sent it to me as I had it sent to him when I bought it.
Got it pretty cheap as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looking good Duncan. Are you going to remember what all you bought ?

It's fun getting NOS parts. Sometimes you want to put them in a showcase.
Here's my latest, a set of NOS D60 locks .

00217.JPG

That looks great Mark!...and I have to go and make a list right quick..I have wound up with a pile of double or worse purchases...like 4 sets of licence plate lamps...:headbang: .I won't get into the rest.

I have that same book for the 1978.

Bill sent it to me as I had it sent to him when I bought it.
Got it pretty cheap as well.

Which book?...I think I got those for $30-$40 each, I was quite happy with that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have wound up with a pile of double or worse purchases...like 4 sets of licence plate lamps...:headbang: .I won't get into the rest.

Well...when you've used everything you're going to use, you gotta post up what you have left before you hock it on ebay...deal????

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well...when you've used everything you're going to use, you gotta post up what you have left before you hock it on ebay...deal????

Yes I will :D

Met up with Dunc today and boy you guys wouldn't believe how intricate the work his has done on these parts getting them ready for powdercoat.

Unbelievable.

D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Dennis and I was just about to make a post about dropping that stuff off. Looks like a week for the powdercoat and 2-3 weeks for the dryfilm...that will put a damper on the transfer case, but there isn't much I can do about it.

From the looks of their shop and the finished work out back they are a very busy place.

They ,like Me, use the sun to cure restored parts. I got a chuckle out of that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not sure I follow...the sun doesn't get hot enough to cure the powder...[confused]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts