Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DD. Build

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I hate cars, or i would, plus my dogs ride in the back of the truck.
Sooo....
No cars.

Um, a car is out of the question.
Only cars i would really want are the ones i cant afford to insure...

I hate cars, or i would, plus my dogs ride in the back of the truck.
Sooo....
No cars.

I like the Ranger idea then.. get yourself something from the '90's... preferrably an extended cab for the leg room and drop a warmed over 5.0 into it with a T5 or M5. You'll get better milage from a lowered 2wd than a lifted 4wd but either should do pretty good as long as you don't jamb monster tires and 1-ton axles under it.

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hauling component's for Don's BUILD truck might be tough on the leather.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I used to let them ride up front and still do if the weather is bad, but when there in the cab they stick there head out the window anyways so i stick em in the back, they seem to like it more, plus with a doberman and a german shepard mix, there aint much room up front....

Ranger is a possibility, i was thinking 150 single cab too...

I used to let them ride up front and still do if the weather is bad, but when there in the cab they stick there head out the window anyways so i stick em in the back, they seem to like it more, plus with a doberman and a german shepard mix, there aint much room up front....

Ranger is a possibility, i was thinking 150 single cab too...

Dog Butt on the seats- EWWW! :rofl2:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
No, dog hair on the seats, and the get kinda pissy and start growling and ****, then they both wanna lay in my lap while im driving....

Thor is the best, he will lay there then all the sudden sit up of course it happens when i need to turn, down shift, switch lanes something like that....
So they ride in the back now... :)
Problems solved.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
^ Why not, if the suspension is done properly you can haul more than the original payload...

That's the operative word there. But, I'd hate to haul anything in a full resto like that.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
That's the operative word there. But, I'd hate to haul anything in a full resto like that.

All it takes is either a trailing arm or 4link system with the springs or airbags behind the axle, less lift but you'll have more leverage for hauling...

And I'd be using it as a truck even sitting that low, takes a hitch and I'm a pullin mofo...

Right direction just to far... :)

b***h b***h b***h b***h, just can't make you happy...

:D

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Id just get a bronco, dogs in back, still looks good, if gas mileage dont matter, then 302 or 351. I got 5 Cars, 95 F350, 91 Mazda Protege, 88 Mus GT, 88 Bronk, and the 94 Bronk that is just for backyard fun. So it doesnt really count. So That being said, the 88 stang gets 20mpg with a 5.0 5speed, and mods and beating on it when I do drive it, the bronk and f350 gets 10-13 depending on how I drive, and the protege gets 30mpg. What do I drive the most, the bronk and F350, trucks look cool, I love the stang but its too nice, and being a mechanic im always dirty so im not drivin it to work. If your gonna get a F250, you might as well get an F350, go big or go home right? Personally, I only like SC's, Hate XC just look goofy, I do like CC for some odd reason. I like long beds, caus I use it, firewood, mowers, and what not, plus a SCLB is shorter then an XCSB, we measured and with the WB in the door, SCLB is 133, and XCSB is 137 if I remember, which isnt much more. You need to get what you want that you like, not what everyone likes of everyones opinion lol.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Went the wrong direction with it, im thinking something alot closer to jurg's truck...

now your talking :)

if i had to do it all over again i would of do it with a short bed..

but i could not find one at that time :( but im happy with my longbed

i get my ideas from Gen 1 lightings

100_2549.jpg

100_21211.jpg

1995-ford-0011.jpg

2459674_1_full.jpg

that lowered street look is awesome but it beats the hell out of you with that stiff suspension
something more practical 2wd
2616906_4_full.jpg

sizeimage.jpg

familyphotos127lu4.jpg

and
my truck ofcourse:)
sidewayz.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts