Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DD. Build

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Only dodge i would ever buy would be a cummins with a stick....

Which just so happens to be what that truck is and its got a good price.

Whats wrong with 1?
I would swap a regualar bed back on for sure...

I have to find the price on 3 though, could be a good deal.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Short bed on reg cab=fine...short bed on anything else=ghey.
Eh ehm... :suspicious:

I actually don't think I understand your logic... There ARE those of us who want the utility of a crew cab but don't need the length of a longbed... Having a crew cab doesn't mean I'm trying to be "billy badazz"-- whatever that is...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea im with Chris, i drive my truck almost exclusivly intown. It is much easier to drive a shorter truck
Try driving a ex-cab longbed on 37"s around a smaller city like lubbock.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Eh ehm... :suspicious:

I actually don't think I understand your logic... There ARE those of us who want the utility of a crew cab but don't need the length of a longbed... Having a crew cab doesn't mean I'm trying to be "billy badazz"-- whatever that is...

I believe your truck would be classified a tad differently. My point is...how many 4wd vehicles are out there today? Alot. How many people have never even attempted to engage their tcase? Most of them. And of those...it's not that they need a truck or a 4wd...it's ego, it's a status symbol, etc. So when I see people (guys especially) trying to turn their truck into a car...ie shortening it, azzwarmers, etc...I say get a car or stay in your living room. The only reason they have a truck is so they can say they do, when in reality they have a car with a front diff. Given, this is a gross generality, but just take a look and people watch. It's the soccer mom syndrome.

After saying all that...all I envision when I see a shortbed SC/CC is some needle dicked twinkie who thought he might be cooler if he got a truck...but he couldn't handle a full truck. Not knocking short beds either, cuz I like them...but on regular cabs. It's kinda like Bill Engvall said...it's 15* from being cool.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yea im with Chris, i drive my truck almost exclusivly intown. It is much easier to drive a shorter truck
Try driving a ex-cab longbed on 37"s around a smaller city like lubbock.

Umm sir...you remember who you're talking to? Take a look in my sig. Try driving any one of them on a college campus, in Charlotte or in my tiny town of Granite Quarry. No sympathy coming from here.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I believe your truck would be classified a tad differently. My point is...how many 4wd vehicles are out there today? Alot. How many people have never even attempted to engage their tcase? Most of them. And of those...it's not that they need a truck or a 4wd...it's ego, it's a status symbol, etc. So when I see people (guys especially) trying to turn their truck into a car...ie shortening it, azzwarmers, etc...I say get a car or stay in your living room. The only reason they have a truck is so they can say they do, when in reality they have a car with a front diff. Given, this is a gross generality, but just take a look and people watch. It's the soccer mom syndrome.

After saying all that...all I envision when I see a shortbed SC/CC is some needle dicked twinkie who thought he might be cooler if he got a truck...but he couldn't handle a full truck. Not knocking short beds either, cuz I like them...but on regular cabs. It's kinda like Bill Engvall said...it's 15* from being cool.
Well you're just generalizing... It really just boils down to what the driver of the truck will be doing with it. Long beds are only needed if you plan on hauling long things often. If you don't do it often enough then it's just a pain in the ***.

And go ahead and act manly if you want with your macho "it's not a pain in the ***!! go cry to your mom" routine. Fact is-- a longer truck is just a pain in the ***. If Ford could invent truck beds that magically get longer when you need them to (not counting those cheap bed extensions that swing over your open tailgate) then everybody would be buying them up.

Only dodge i would ever buy would be a cummins with a stick....

Which just so happens to be what that truck is and its got a good price.

Whats wrong with 1?
I would swap a regualar bed back on for sure...

I have to find the price on 3 though, could be a good deal.

Trk #1 = CCSB thats the same as a ECLB and your griping about driving your trk around town...

They want 6850 for trk #3..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not trying to be macho at all...I break it down into knowing how to handle the rig you're driving. Of course a shorter wheelbase or overall length rig will be a tad easier to maneuver...but I wouldn't call a bigger rig a PITA. Going from Bailee's Honda Civic to Thunder simply takes a different style and technique of driving. I don't consider having to swing out a little wider to make a turn or having to park a little further away a PITA.

But you're right...everyone has their own intent and reasons why they get rigs...so I'm not here to stop them. But when asked for an opinion or thoughts, I'll offer up mine.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben, :)
You drive the bronk as the DD dont you?

:)

Thunder yes, i can see your point. Yes it does take a different driving style as well...
Im quite used to it.
I dont really NEED a truck for a DD a car would be fine same with everybody else out there.

What i dont really want is a 4door long bed, actualy any kind of long bed, i really dont need it.
I prefer a short bed, yes. Cause i dont really use the bed to haul much thats what trailers are for, and trailers are alot easier to load as well.
A regular bed or a short bed.

Ben, your "generalization" in no way offends me. I am considering the 2wd cause i really dont need the 4wd, plus i already have a 4wd rig. But who knows.

Aaron, last i checked CCSB = EXRB, Not long bed.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Oh and red dont count i would drive that truck anyday of the week.
I have NO issues driving, hell i can parellel park my truck much better than most folks can there honda civics...

I have NO qualms about driving big trucks, but why when i dont need it?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What I dd is my own business...haha. Seriously, when they're all up and running, I rotate.

I guess I kinda went off on a tangent and missed the point I was trying to make with the whole short bed thing. So I'll try to clarify. To me, a short bed on a SC or CC looks like somebody wanted a truck but didn't really want a TRUCK, just so they could say they had a truck...if that makes sense.

Very true...and that's where the balance of want vs. necessity comes into play. I don't need 3 rigs, but I have them. But I stand by what I said in one of my earlier posts...I prefer to be as prepared as possible. So my rig would require a t-case, good tires, good payload and good towing ability...especially since this will be your only ride while the other one is down.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Shortbed check, 2wd check, diesel.......... check...

I dont really NEED a truck for a DD a car would be fine same with everybody else out there.

Ya know, you might think that but for me I went from driving a truck daily to driving the SHO, and I'll tell you what it's different and I kinda miss driving my trucks...

Well then if you don't really need another truck and don't feel the need to compensate for some percieved shortcoming as a male by driving nothing but a "BIG TRUCK".. meaning you are comfortable with your manhood and the length of your inseam.. then get a car.. but not just any car get one that you're going to enjoy driving. It really doesn't matter what full size truck you get it ain't gonna go half as far on a tank of gas as any recent 4 or 6cyl car, and I don't see anybody questioning your manhood unless you get a minivan.. cause a man in a minivan.. now that's ghey!smilietease

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks like it fits the criteria you have set forth. Personally though, I never liked the ext cabs with short beds...kinda reminds me of the short bus. It also makes me think of metrosexuals that want to be billy badazz but can't handle a big truck so they opted for the shortbed. Short bed on reg cab=fine...short bed on anything else=ghey.

I have to say, I agree with Ben on everything he has said so far, short beds are ok on regular cabs, but anything more than that and they just look funny. Ever seen a shortbed dually? Look weird as all get out. :headbang:

Also makes me think people can't drive, when they get the shortbed. Want something easy to drive? get a geo metro. :wasntme:

I don't see anybody questioning your manhood unless you get a minivan.. cause a man in a minivan.. now that's ghey!smilietease

I'd the crap out of a minivan, aslong as it was 4x4 and on atleast 33's

As for the DD, I'd go with a v6 Mustang, or even a Focus if you don't need the truck (we all WANT a truck though)

Heck, I DD the Monte Carlo for the gas mileage. and the fact that I can kick some punk in a honda's butt from a redlight, doesn't hurt either. smilietease

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
what about a 4x4 Ranger Don?

Rangers are expensive, for what they are. (you should know this, IIRC you was looking at them before you got your Bronco), and they also don't get THAT good of gas mileage. Even though he said mileage isn't that important..

Funny thing is that now things I wanted just now show up, like i was looking in autotrader 2007 F-150 XL 4x4 4.6L with 16K miles for 16K.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts