Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

Timing and everything is all set up the choke is all the way open I will give it gas to go it will spit and take off

Yeah I think the 50 pounds it will shed when I throw on an aluminum intake will do a lot for the truck too

Same here some day...:)

Use to have an old cordova car that was a dirt oval racer with a 440
in it.It had the cm 5oo 2bb racing carb on it,it was adapted to the
4bb intake.The track only allowed 2bb.

Speaking of downhill. I was going down one yesterday with the pedal to the floor had to of been doing 75. That was pretty scary in that big truck especially with bad alignment haha

I don't have a tach but if I had to guess probably between 2500-3000..
It had more in it just didn't have the road or acceleration

My dads will do about 110 on the highway on a flat that thing shakes and wobbles like its going to burst into a thousand pieces at 90. He has a 72 highboy with a 69 camper special body. Powered by a 390/4speed

For a headliner I'm doing American flag I bought a cheap one but my mom said she might have one from a war that her father got to keep after he fought

Non adjustable, they come in silver and adjustable comes in like a full brass color. Did the 76 come with an electric choke option?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Non adjustable, they come in silver and adjustable comes in like a full brass color. Did the 76 come with an electric choke option?

What are the adjustment screws for on the top of the float bowls? The choke would have been either electric or heated by the piping that went into the intake manifold, and then up to the choke?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts