Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

will a 4bbl holley bolt right to this with a spacer that converts square to the split intake like that? if i don't find a 4bbl intake around here i might do this one

a brand new carb and intake is only 630.. plus a spacer is what around 40... if i did that then i would be left with around 200 to buy patch panels and a front clip

well got bored yesterday and got the bright idea to cut up a brand new exhaust system and bolt the glass packs and tips to whats left of my old exhaust. the outcome of this was awesome. truck sounds pretty sick, and its quieted it down A LOT. i can hear my stereo without blasting it and the tires actually make more noise than the engine. theres still an exhaust leak on the passenger side but i will get to it this summer. and the truck also idles smoother and seems to have more power now. instead of idling in drive about 5 miles an hour it idles about 15... will take a video shortly letting it cool down first (water pump is out)

anybody know any little tricks to get my alignment a little better? i haven't found the steering set up out of a 78/9 yet and everone said drop pitmans arms don't work with my steering.. i just want it a little better to save my tires... i can adjust the tie rod just a little bit more

primetime

sawmill slave
Just out of curiosity, why can`t a dropped pitman arm be used with the inverted y linkage? Ford used it on 80-96 trucks, and you can use it on those. Granted, I am aware of it`s shortcomings in a lifted application. I`m also aware you are on a budget, but parts stores sell the inverted t every day. Buy it piece by piece as you can afford.

i'm not sure why they can't be used but everything i have read says you have to switch over the steering. i was trying to just find a f150 or bronco to rob the steering parts off of it and everything else i need. i will have the money to buy new stuff just wanted to save some money.

should i go with adjustable stuff or just stock stuff with a pitman arm? stock seems to be cheaper

okay sounds good. i can get the drag links and stuff for 190 and the pitman arms are usually 50..

got my off road lights wired up today not totally just enough to test them need to hide the wires and make it more permanent than it is.

got a new water pump, mostly installed just need to put the alternator and power steering back and the fan and shroud... bought some more bedliner to maybe make a racing stripe.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds like some good progress Tyler

i'm gonna try to buy a new lower radiator hose today before i put my truck back together. the spring in mine is rusted and corroded

Graduated yesterday and right after got my water pump finished up and today went and got some stuff to change the oil in my front axle and got valve cover gaskets but I'm gonna wait so I can paint my valve covers at the same time. Tomorrow ill pick up some engine enamel for the valve covers. The intake manifold.

How much oil does the 44 hold? I got 3 quarts and a new gasket

Graduated yesterday and right after got my water pump finished up and today went and got some stuff to change the oil in my front axle and got valve cover gaskets but I'm gonna wait so I can paint my valve covers at the same time. Tomorrow ill pick up some engine enamel for the valve covers. The intake manifold.

How much oil does the 44 hold? I got 3 quarts and a new gasket

Hows that intake gasket doing,you got leakage there?:cool:

possibly the "new paint scheme" accidently got the bed corner badly with overspray so i may just ange the bed liner up the back of the bed and along the bed rails and if i do get a tailgate it will probably be just done in bed liner too.

Attachments

• IMG_0110aa.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts