Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Graduated yesterday and right after got my water pump finished up and today went and got some stuff to change the oil in my front axle and got valve cover gaskets but I'm gonna wait so I can paint my valve covers at the same time. Tomorrow ill pick up some engine enamel for the valve covers. The intake manifold.

How much oil does the 44 hold? I got 3 quarts and a new gasket

I found the D-44 capacities for my '78 F-150 w/ D-44 front. I am assuming yours would be the same.

D-44 Part time(NP 205) is 4 pts. D-44 Full time(NP 203) is 5 7/8 pints.

Look at page 50-15-6 on the link below.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33007

Alright thanks, she almost took 3 quarts after I drove ups small hilk so I could get it somewhat level.. Cleaned the diff cover and threw one some gloss black and put a new gasket in. I think I will pick up some more paint and oil for the rear tomorrow.

The gears looked like they were in good shape, no chip or missing teth was all nice and smooth.

Oil was old and a grayish black and seemed to be low

Got paint, oil, and a gasket for the rear end.

Good news gents, got that Eddie intake. It's in good shape, better yet it weighs like 20 pounds. So the extra bumper weight will be taken off with the swap.
Ordered motor craft dimmer switches, also floor pans.

For a nice stock 2bbl and a usabe carb what wild it be worth? Going to sell them off my truck. 100 sound reasonable?

Also anybody know how big of a spacer I can fit Unser my carb and still have a decent air filter. 390 performer intake with a Holley carb in my 76 150

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Blackish grey usually indicates that moisture has gotten in...could be from condensation.

What do you want the spacer for?..4bbl should bolt right on.

Wanted to get some more top end with a spacer I guess I'll just wait. I figured water got in over the winter when I took it snow wheeling all the time and stuff

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I wouldn't bother with the spacer....not needed

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Standard set of gaskets should be fine.

Well gents, ordered my Holley, intake bolts, and a set of gaskets. For some reason the price of the Holley went up 17 dollars so I couldn't do 2nd day air. I calculated what I have in the truck so far including purchase. About 3,000 and need o spend another 500 to get it on the road

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice pics Tyler smilieFordlogo

Bet you are looking forward to getting those parts!

Oh I can't wait next weekend ill start swapping out my intake and should hopefully have it done in a day or two.

Thanks I really like the pictures to. Bike looks like a 100 next to that truck though

My 2bbl keeps spittin and sputtering.

it's telling you to go to a 4 barrel :D

check all the following, ie. fuel/air ratio (screws 1 1/2 to 2 turns out for a base, check with vacuum guage), choke plate (is it fully open when warmed up) vacuum advance (is it working in the distributor) timing (set to factory first)

these all play an important part in a carbed engine (there is no computer to make the required adjustments)

also if it sputters when doing a sharp turn or hitting the brakes, the float could be saturated!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts