Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

not sure what they are yet haven't looked at the papers that came with it... i got the new intake bolted into place. torqued down and got the pushrods back into place, haven't put rocker arms back in yet...

forgot to do that stupid little piece of hose between the pump and intake so i think i'll just pull off the water pump half an inch to do it. got a few pictures of it..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looking good Tyler..and it sucks when you miss that wonderful piece of hose...:headbang:

Thanks, the stock air cleaner housing fit just needs the two little tabs ground off..
Having a little trouble with the dizzy but I might just wait on it and get a brand new one because that ones pretty wore out anyway.

Can't wait to get it finished up and started

the adjusting screws on top adjust the fuel level in the float bowls. you adjust it be tightening or loosening it while looking through the sight screw hole.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can't remember...it's been about 25 years since I worked on a Holley.

Got it together enough to run need to do all the coolant stuff and a couple vacuum lines. It wouldn't idle without the choke and is idling about 2000 with the choke

Valve covers are on but I totally forgot half of the old cork gasket on the drivers side was when I put the brand new rubber one on. Not a big deal unless t leaks. Pictures and videos to come this weekend

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Valve covers are on but I totally forgot half of the old cork gasket on the drivers side was when I put the brand new rubber one on. Not a big deal unless t leaks. Pictures and videos to come this weekend

Might want to redo it. Gaskets can fill gaps, but they have their limits.

I probably will if I dont it will bug me for awhile. Same with the taillight on my jeep wired a trailer plug into it and now the drivers side taillight is dim but everything else is fine. Still works but it bugs the heck out of me a ill be rewiring it.

What's the bet place to get bed patch panels I need a floor panel am a tailgate post

An update.....
Sold the truck to get a new dd and plan on getting another one,at somepoint but not sure when that will be...

NOT, I could never sell that thing. I got a permanent job and got an aprtment with my girlfriend. I now live in liberty lake. The truck,still remains in newport at my moms house. I plan on getting it licensed and on the road this summer. Want to drive it 2 or 3 times a week to work. Its a 50 mile round trip so i probably wont do it three times a week. Thats a lot of gas.

I did however buy a new DD its a 93 jeep grand cherokee with a 318. I think about the truck every single day and everything i still want and need to do to it...

Im having an issue with the timing after i didthe intake swap. I have it running but not good. I set it from -8 up to 18 and just cant get the sweet spot. Ill get it where it,idles good but when you slightly rev it it blows flames out the carb and back fires. I put the holley 4bbl onto the aluminum edlebrock performer intake i got. Is there another issue,it,could be thats causing me not to be able to get it to run right with the time???

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You have confirmed that the distributor is in correctly right?....as in finding #1 cylinder TDC?

I had it set 180 off at first but got it flipped back around and set exactly where it was before the intake swap is was off a little and adjusted itfrom,the -8 to 18 and couldnt find the right spot iiwas using a timing light the whole time and yes it was hookes t the nnumber one wire

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You might have a vacuum leak if you are sure about the static timing.

What kind of vacuum? Brake booster pcv the dizzy advance? I think thats reallyall,thats on there now..

I think i have a trans line to hook up?

I know i if i plug the booster vacuum on my jeep it will kill it but thats got all the electronics on it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts