Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Big Bronco Discussion

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well I think I finally talked dad into gettin a bronco after we get done with the jeep and sell the 72. Id like to just get a stock one that aint been screwed with so I wont have to fix stupid stuff. I have tons of parts for dentsides and nothin to use em on after I sell the 76. Ive seen some really good ones around here that aint rusted but they want quitee a bit for em.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't think you'd be dissapointed Dan. They're a great all around type vehicle...tough, fun, and have more interior room.

On Edit...Dan, have you thought about maybe finding one not in the area and having it shipped? I know CA has some killer deals due to smog testing and whatnot, so guys wanna unload their's because they can't get it to pass. So find a steal in the 2-3k range and have it shipped to your door for $5-800

Does anyone here know what year they stopped putting 400's in Bronco's? IIRC, the last year for the 400 period, was '81...did they still put them in the Bronco then too?

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well Id love to have one shipped but itll probly be dads money and hed rather just spend a little extra money and get one locally or in surrounding states. I would guess it was probly the last year for the broncos havin em.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So guys...just got offered a rear seat for my Bronco...all inclusive except for one retractable belt...it's fine, I can find one easy. It's also green, that's fine too...I'll just dye it. Question is...he wants $100 for it...seems a little high to me...but I haven't priced a seat and dunno what they go for in the JY. Any opinions. Oh yeah...I'd also have to drive about 180 miles to get it...so that's probably another $100 in gas and oil round trip.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
So guys...just got offered a rear seat for my Bronco...all inclusive except for one retractable belt...it's fine, I can find one easy. It's also green, that's fine too...I'll just dye it. Question is...he wants $100 for it...seems a little high to me...but I haven't priced a seat and dunno what they go for in the JY. Any opinions. Oh yeah...I'd also have to drive about 180 miles to get it...so that's probably another $100 in gas and oil round trip.

Is this your 79 Bronco ?
I don't know about other parts of the Country, but the junk yard here wanted 300 for a single front seat, price didn't include mounting bracket.....
Have you checked Ebay? or JBG?
And damn! your rig must burn allot oil....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is this your 79 Bronco ?
I don't know about other parts of the Country, but the junk yard here wanted 300 for a single front seat, price didn't include mounting bracket.....
Have you checked Ebay? or JBG?
And damn! your rig must burn allot oil....

Yeah it's for the 79. 300 for a frickin seat...no way it would be that expensive around here. Yes I've checked ebay...not too many seats, in the last year or so, I think I've only seen a handful...the prices were good, but shipping was killer. JBG used to have used seats...they don't have any right now. As for oil...figure it would be 360 miles round trip at 12mpgs...so about $60 in gas...and I'd probably 2-3 quarts of oil...so I embellished a bit...it would be about $75 round trip in gas and oil.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I'd say that's a real good price for a whole back seat Ben.
Or you could forget the back seat and throw a mattress back there. ;)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...alright Tex...I might go with it...might check a couple JY's first though. As for the mattress, been there...done that...haha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I've seen those...actually used it once...seems to me it fades, chips and scratches. The best paints I've found are through Krylon and VHT.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dammit...just went out to the Bronco...and I got a leak coming off the front plate. Looks like I get to dig into the front again. Geezus, I really don't wanna do that in the school parking lot.

Is it possible that since I did timing chain and haven't put it under any load that the cover/water pump bolts just need to be tightened up after the 5 hour drive ranging between 60-80mph? Any optimism is appreciated.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This may be a dumbazz question but...when it comes to my spring shims on the Bronco, how do I tell what angle they are? Do I take a protractor to it or what? I personally find it difficult to eyeball the difference between a 3* shim on up to a 7* shim and everything in between.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts