Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 F-350 Lariat

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
The in cab is right but the midship aint. The back one is just a filler plate to cover the hole. Looks like a dealer added the tank or he did and swapped the beds.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The in cab is right but the midship aint. The back one is just a filler plate to cover the hole. Looks like a dealer added the tank or he did and swapped the beds.

Yeah that rear door is just a dumby door...it doesn't even open. I had one on my truck, but I covered it. I have no clue what's going on with the mid ship tank though. I thought I read over on the other site...it was possible to order the truck with one of the other gas tanks in addition to the in cab...and one guy even claimed he ordered his truck new and had all 3 tanks...in a 2wd though.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ive seen three tanks before there all over the place here. I think it was a dealer add on type deal. Like he already had the tank and swapped the beds to make it look factory. The one ive seen around here with that tank have a aluminum square gas door with a lock on it and theyre right where that tank is. Ive also seen some that are like chevys with one door on each side of the bed, Im not sure if they both had tanks hooked to em but they definitly had two doors.

THE PAINT AND BODY IS A RUST FREE NON TAMPERED WITH ORIGINAL.....

I doubt it, Ford never painted the inside of the wheel wells and IF they did they would not look like this still.

5f05_1.JPG

Looks to be. Funny how his trucks always seem to have sooooooo many bidders and jump in price so quickly, while other similar rigs may only see a couple bids and half the price.

One of THE worst things ebay did was hide the bidders names. You have absolutely no idea who is bidding on what anymore. When you used to be able to see bidders names I would know what I was up against.

Last edited:
I doubt it, Ford never painted the inside of the wheel wells and IF they did they would not look like this still.

5f05_1.JPG

One of THE worst things ebay did was hide the bidders names. You have absolutely no idea who is bidding on what anymore. When you used to be able to see bidders names I would know what I was up against.

absolutely on the hiding AND from ur pic It looks like spmebody just used
a rattle can on the frame,That splotchy look means they just sprayed right over the rust.I know he's messing around.BUT I gotta wonder how he finds-em That I gotta give-em :)

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I gotta wonder how he finds-em That I gotta give-em :)

True, but he gives us, the dent side community, a bad image :flipoff:.

What ever happened to honesty?

It's one thing to not know the history of a vehicle, it's another to lie about it :spank: .

I gotta wonder how he finds-em That I gotta give-em :)

I ask myself that same question. I'm half tempted to jump in the semi and head West. I think I could fit 3 of them on my trailer.

He's just a free-lance paint and body man, IMO.

Had one in my neighborhood, all the time with a fancied up old clunker parked
out in front (he was along the highway) with a super high dollar price on it.

Some of them were just dumb looking customized stuff. (ick)

This guy's going for the "original, only driven to church" market is all. :)

Since most people only go by how something "looks"...
...he's prob'ly doin' alright. ;)

Alvin in AZ

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Yeah "looks", looks to the untrained eye. That's the way it goes though, not everyone can be as knowledgable as us, the people that eat, sleep and breathe these trucks.

It just sucks that some guy is feeding a line to folks that don't know any better about trucks that aren't what he says (and he knows it!).

Last edited:

Alvin in AZ

Alvin you left out that it was "downhill both ways"! My dad used to say that jokingly all the time.

True, but he gives us, the dent side community, a bad image :flipoff:.

What ever happened to honesty?

It's one thing to not know the history of a vehicle, it's another to lie about it :spank: .

How do u figure he gives "the community" a bad image

Alvin in AZ

For what it's worth I agree with u a 110 %.The thing that gets me though.Are the trks in questions milage. 15K and 12K He's gotta be out right lying OR He found 2 30 YO barn finds/sitters.Which if true is amazing IMO

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just got an email from the guy...he's trying to sell me on getting a '79 350 CC 4x4...got pics, but to busy to post the garbage he sent...did they even make a 350 CC 4x4 in '79?

He can keep his unique trucks... I would be headed toward Maine for those Mustangs and other rare Fords

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts