Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 F-350 Lariat

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Yup, no carpet. Probably worn out after 100 and 12k miles... It also still looks as if there may be a rust spot or two there. I just don't trust it at all! Gee, and I was going to call and offer him 15grand cash...:rofl: NOT!!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, If your looking for a F350 SC , There's one up here in VB for sale on CL.I don't know who it is and I'v never seen the truck
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1023135775.html

That's actually really awesome...but the funds are going to engine builds right now...so no wiggle room. And if/when I do get a 79 350 SC 4x4, I'm gonna do a classy rebuild/restore. No more than 6" of lift, and make it look beeeyuteeful. However, that truck does look like the awesome beginning of a great mud truck. Thanks for letting me know.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Not to nit pick another guys ride it's nice, but the exhaust isn't stock either. The pipes come out just under the rear cab corners.

WOW...just got a call from the guy. The caller ID said his name was Adam Largent...same guy you talked to Scott?

Yep, same guy. All nice and polite and makes it sound good UNTILL you get the truck home. Been down that road with this tool before.

For the front end...he said it was a plow truck, so he replaced the entire front clip with a '78 XLT truck (which doesn't explain the bumper, but oh well). He said the reason there are no holes for the F-O-R-D in the hood and no holes for the Lariat badge on the cowl is because they don't make the emblems with the prongs anymore...they're all the 3M stick on kind.

Wow, so because they don't make "pronged" emblems no more the holes in the cowl mysteriously filled and painted themselves? The front clip change does not affect the cowl, though he might think you thought that.

As far as the D60 is concerned, I tripped him up with what size wrench you need for the diff bolts. He said they took the 1/2". Then I told him I may have confused the sizes, he told me it's definitely the D60 and he knows because he's sold over 500 of these trucks on ebay.

Yep, D44, D60= same thing to him. He tried to tell me that a D60 used the small hubs when I finally got ahold of him after getting the 350 home

Scott, you were right about the drip rail moulding...it's not there. I asked him about it, and he said he had never noticed. He then told me he looked out the window, and sure enough it wasn't there...but it was no big deal.

Look it vanished.:rofl:

As for the 12,000 miles...he said he was 2000% sure they were original because it was a plow truck. Which threw me for a loop because he said the truck has ZERO rust, and has never had any.

No comment

He seemed like such a nice guy though...offering to find me the proper 'pronged' emblems for a low cost, and punching new holes to accept those emblems for another added in low cost. Funny thing about those emblems, a quick search on JBG brought up all the necessary 'pronged' emblems.

Exactly how I got sucked in to his gimmick. It was part my fault because I didn't ask for specific pictures

Some how in the conversation, it came up that he is a church going man, and has no need to lie about what he has posted, and has the experience with these trucks to know what's right or not. He also said, to the right buyer, he'd be willing to take $10,000 for it, but no less.

I may have forgotten to include something in writing this, but I had this page open, so I could cover any questions...so I do have the answers. All in all, seems like hog wash to me and some ignorant fool is gonna be completely happy with this truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Again...what a nice guy:

"BEN,

I WANT TO GET AS CLOSE TO 10 AS I CAN... SO IF I GET THE OFFER AND IT ENDS DO YOU WANT ME TO KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THIS TYPE OF TRUCK FOR YOU?... THANKS AGAIN"

He just shot me this email, man am I glad there are guys like him out there. Funny how he could ask me that in an email, but he couldn't answer 4-5 simple questions in an email.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's missing the Lariat emblems on the side.

So is it a Lariat or XLT? Or are you just missing the emblems?

Yup, no carpet. Probably worn out after 100 and 12k miles... It also still looks as if there may be a rust spot or two there. I just don't trust it at all! Gee, and I was going to call and offer him 15grand cash...:rofl: NOT!!
Dak

Yeah, I'm willing to bet it's 112k or maybe even 212k. There is definitely rust on the race track trim, that can be seen upon close inspection on a couple of HIS OWN pics. I told him on the phone I was willing to go as high as $10k, and he said he wanted to see how it would go because there was tons of interest. Then he shot me an email saying he wanted to get as close to $10k as possible, and he has a few offers, so it will probably be coming off the table, but he'd willing to find another for me.

Not to nit pick another guys ride it's nice, but the exhaust isn't stock either. The pipes come out just under the rear cab corners.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking truck, and I'd have no problems paying $4k for it, but definitely not what he wants, especially since he is omitting info, not telling whole truths, having selective memory, and the fact that he has a story for everything even though it's not what he says it is.

Thats a nice looking truck, but too many things don't add up on it...I hate it when people try to get away with stuff like this :mad:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'm sure he does have experience with selling trucks......Fraudulent info in order to sell. An F250 can become an F350 pretty dang easy. What I find pretty funny with people advertising D60s in their trucks is that they always fail to include a pic of the axle from underneath. Maybe the guy can email a pic of the axle. You can tell a D60 from a D44 pretty easily. But, I'm sure he'll take a pics of just the hub or something or make something up about not having his camera or something. Nice truck, but I've never seen a plow truck with ZERO rust before. If it has Zero rust, it must have been used to plow snow in CA. Most people with plow trucks don't bother washing the truck either, so ZERO rust, yeah right.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
"If it has Zero rust, it must have been used to plow snow in CA. Most people with plow trucks don't bother washing the truck either, so ZERO rust, yeah right."

Actually Buck, believe it or not, even in California plow trucks rust up here in the mountains, though not as bad as back there. A snow plow truck is a snow plow truck and they DON"T look this good after 12 thousand miles of pushing snow, including the seats, etc. Perhaps he means it was plowing air?...:rofl:
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What I find pretty funny with people advertising D60s in their trucks is that they always fail to include a pic of the axle from underneath. Maybe the guy can email a pic of the axle.

And it's even easier to find a pic of a D60 on google images...so I'm sure you'd get a pic from there.

Perhaps he means it was plowing air?...:rofl:
Dak

Too bad it wasn't plowing the hot air back in his mouth.'smiliedoh'

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Actually Buck, believe it or not, even in California plow trucks rust up here in the mountains, though not as bad as back there. A snow plow truck is a snow plow truck and they DON"T look this good after 12 thousand miles of pushing snow, including the seats, etc. Perhaps he means it was plowing air?...:rofl:
Dak

Yeah, I'm used to plow trucks up here in MN that rust almost completely away. I know my truck used to be a plow truck also and the body was shot when I got it.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
This whole thing irks me as well.......'drama'

Is it me or does the front "dana 60" look like it has a truss under it?

Oh yeah and I like the "I took the plow off of it" thing. Ben tell him for $10k he better be putting that original 1979 plow back on YelloThumbUp .

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This whole thing irks me as well.......

Is it me or does the front "dana 60" look like it has a truss under it?

It does look that way...doesn't look like much strength though. Wish I woulda asked him about that too...but I guess I was blinded by the blingy diff cover.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is this the same Tool that was selling the one of a kind bronco awhile back?

Naw...that guy was from Florida. He was selling a stock 79 Bronco HiBoy...I really pissed that guy off. It had a stock 4" lift and originally came with 33's but he put 35's on it. It also had other non-era parts on it too.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
I believe that those are the Spicer hubs on there, not the Warn that he advertised. Tailgate is probably actually shot. The whole thing smells like Congress!

Just my 2 cents,
The no rust thing IS plausible.They gravel the roads up in ID they don't use salt.They have some real survivors up there as a result.
The no holes for the Lariat emblem is also true.They've always were/have been stick on.Unlike the other ones that did need the mounting holes.
That is a 60 in the frt.
The Negs/lies??
He doesn't provide the VIN in the add.With his knowledge of our trks and the $ boost from a REAL 350 u'd think he would of posted the F36 VIN.It just might be the dreaded -rebadged 250 - and after selling it he says OHH I thought it was a 350 w/ the badges and all.
If it had a plow.U'd think it would of had the Sno-fighter plow prep package,but trks with that package all had amber roof clearence lights.So what's up w/ that

All in all after the way he lied to Ranger429/I'd say he's a sheister.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Man, how did I miss this thread before? I spotted the missing hood letters and incorrect bumper right away! I could have won! 'smiliedoh'

Shouldn't a 350 4x4 sit a little higher than that too? Isn't that an XLT badge on the glove box? Either way..I second most opinions here...this guy is a real azz.

Now, I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I like about that paint job. :cool:

Edit: No, just looked again. It is a Lariet badge on the glove box

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts