Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 F-350 Lariat

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Scott...I finally found my 79 F350 SC 4x4...I knew I shoulda never given that guy my email address. Here's what he said:

"BEN,

HERE IS MY F350 EXTRA CAB 4X4 RANGER XLT.... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.... KEEP IN MIND IT IS DIRTY AND AFTER A DETAIL IT WILL LOOK GREAT... I WILL GIVE YOU FIRST CHANCT AT IT FOR 7000.00 THANKS AGAIN"

Here are the pics:

793502.jpg

793503.jpg

793504.jpg

793505.jpg

79350.jpg

The way I see it...even if it is exactly what he says it is, it's probably a $4000 truck. I also have to wonder, those are Oregon plates, but I thought he was from Idaho? So please fellas, rip away...just got the email and pics, so I haven't had a chance to check out what's wrong with it yet.

Lets see, judging by the hood he has an "o", I've never heard of those. The rear bumper is not exactly perfect, the tailgate appears to have some rust, the grille shell is dented, theres "something" on the front bumper, and if you look (maybe its me) but I think both sets of axles are not quite where they should be(front is to the front, rear is to the rear.)

For the interior, obviously the seats not original and its not great either, the brake pedal pad is on up side down, there is some "custom" wiring, amd something about those door panels just dosen't sit right....

Also, in none of the pics can you really see the emblems to see if it is badged a 350, much less actually is one.

Door panels are probably the correct ones, it probably had the cream seat in it originally.

I could of sworn I just saw this truck on Craigslist last week for around 5K. He does live in Idaho and I know he goes out and finds these trucks and brings them back to his shop for a quickie touch up to resell.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It LOOKS to be a solid truck and would clean up nice, BUT you just never know with these. Unless you can actually see them in person and do a complete checkover, you don't know what you are getting. More and more people are figuring out ways to sell their trucks no matter what, by lying, cheating, stealing, you name it. It's always hard to look at something when it's hundreds or thousands of miles away and it's a gamble. You'd hate to drive or fly all that way and find out the truck is a piece of crap. However, you don't want to pass on a good deal. Right now these trucks should be cheap even if they are rust free. I agree, that is probably no more than a $4000 truck, but some poor sap will end up buying it thinking he got a good deal.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Something else I just think I noticed...in the top pic, is it me or does it look like there are no lock outs? Fulltime maybe? And is it my eyes, or does it look like the truck doesn't have a front drive shaft hooked up?

That truck screams out F250 converted F350 ...

How do you figure? I can't tell what axle is up front nor can I see the emblems. I'd ask for a door jamb VIN sticker picture and the VIN # stamped on the frame rail if you are serious about buying it Ben.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
if you are serious about buying it Ben.

No not at all. I was just being polite to him in an email and told him to find me one...and now he's emailed me a couple trucks...and keeps sending me updates and whatnot. It's a fine truck, but not for $7k...I wouldn't give anything over $4k for it...besides, fundage is a little low right now. But if I could get numbers and they check out...and if someone would check it out for me...and if he'd take less than 4k for it...then I might be a little more interested.

Last edited:
How do you figure? I can't tell what axle is up front nor can I see the emblems. I'd ask for a door jamb VIN sticker picture and the VIN # stamped on the frame rail if you are serious about buying it Ben.

Exactly. If he's so proud of it being an F350 he'd be showing the evidence off.

Fulltime maybe? And is it my eyes, or does it look like the truck doesn't have a front drive shaft hooked up?

Fulltime 4wd. It's hard to tell on a married T-case if the front shaft is there or not. I do notice the hood is up a little higher by the cowl but it could just be out of adjustment.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I dont see hubs either so its gotta be full time. I wouldnt offer over 3 for it I would tell him 3000 cash and see if he takes it. I dont like any of the trucks this guy has for sale. I think what he does is like Maaco he just paints over whatevers there and tries to re sell em for more.

The guy might be doing a search all of Craigslist program. And he might not even own tyhat truck yet

I see an extra hood in the bed, and what looks like a trailer special emblem painted over on the tail gate. Were TS offered that year ?
Also didn t the dash and and dash pad usually match the rest of the truck's colors ?

looks like it dosn't have the pop out side windows either, shouldn't it have them with XLT package ?

Yes you could get a TS in 79 on a supercab.

On my old cream and brown Bronco it had a brown dash pad with cream door panels. I don't think I've ever seen a cream colored dash pad. I also think the cream door panels were the worst color choice ever offered. It didn't take long for me to get a set of brown panels and replace those.

I'm not sure if the pop out windows were specific to the XLT package.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Interesting...I didn't follow that auction at all...how did the truck do? Did it have about 30-40 bidders and make it to 10k?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ies&_fvi=1&item=260370808055&_rdc=1&viewitem=

As for that truck...all original? Wheels? Engine? Not original. Take a look at the oassenger side of the bed, it's only got two tie downs as opposed to the 3 the other side has. Pretty sure the passenger sidedoor is misaligned...and or the trim isn't straight. The long view shots down the side of the body, made the paint look a little 'flat'...bondo perhaps? Take a look in the engine bay...you see all kinds of witness marks of some sorta leaking fluid...especially on the MC/Booster. And what is that silver thing on dumby gas door?

All in all...solid driver, and slick looking. But the fact that he's an 'expert' about these trucks and then when you call him out, he claims ignorance...that just ain't right. He flat out lies about most of his trucks...some more than others...just irritates me.

I would also like to see a pic of the tailgate...and pics inside the bed, a fresh coat of paint can't fix a bed.

On Edit...Whoa, where'd the other guy's (RustyCJ) post go???????????? So those of you that see my post, don't think I'm crazy, there was a guy (RustyCJ) who posted a bad link to the truck I linked to...but his post is no longer here.

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Its' a cool looking truck; but I just don't trust him! Look under the hood along the firewall. Looks like a different color of blue to me... New Carb and intake?.. on a truck with "13,000 miles" (according to the detail listing) but where does he get these trucks anyway? Even if they are not all he says, they still are pretty cool!
Dak

Lol My first post was messed up so I deleted it quickly hoping no one saw it. Too late.

I'm in the process of looking for a Gen 5 or 6 ( most likely a 6) So I've been lookin at ebay alot lately and finding alot of not so good deals, so now I'm keeping a eye out for this guy after reading this thread.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts