Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

66 Mercury Build Thread

She is now in her new home :(

On a positive note, this was my first time driving with a trailer and I thought I did well so I'm happy, ha ha..

Picture011-1.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That whole 10 years deal was just my stab at when I could pick this project up... I would sure like to finish it one day, but I guess I can't really say...

I have been looking into bible school lately, and have done a lot of thinking about my future/family that may one day come together. I don't feel like dumping 20K+ into the truck was the smartest decision I could make right now, and would rather use the money towards growing my relationship with God and providing a good home for the family that might one day be.

I've been growing stronger in my Faith.. I have been idle for far to long, and I'm trying to follow what I believe God wants for me, and not what I want for myself. I've felt guilty this entire project, because I always felt like someone was telling me to stop.

You have to respect a guy who follows what he believes. I, too, have a strong faith and am glad you're doing what you feel is best for you and your family.

I would have thought maybe investing a couple grand to just get it on the road and do a full resto down the road....

Good luck with school and all and congrats is in order I suppose.

Thanks for your words, Ken. If I could still go back to when I first bought it, I would have just repaired the stuff that it needed to pass inspection, and just drove it. The truck was really quite mechanically sound. Now it is 90% dismantled at most parts I was not going to use were either sold or thrown away.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts