Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

66 Mercury Build Thread

Are you including a thousand dollars for ziploc bags in the budget?

Looks like it is well organized.

I can not operate without some sort of organization. That, and when things are a mess, I go crazy.

Spent $4 on Ziploc bags so far, I've taken a lot from my Mom though, hahaha... Ziploc bags are there primarily to keep things clean, I'm just weird that way.:redface:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It's going to be hard keeping this thing quiet! Using fenderwell exit headers, and running a Borla on either side before dumping @ the rear tires. :wasntme:

My plans to remove the front clip went down the drain today. Rain rain and more rain! :headbang: Hopefully Monday (long weekend!!) is nice, I'll be at it all day then...

Some pictures of stuff that I went through over the winter months. Everything has been scrubbed and cleaned to perfection, and is ready for installation. Anything that has any kind of chrome or aluminum finish was polished as well. Gonna be one shiny farm truck. Even the molding clips were scrubbed. No dirt will be left behind! Not going to re-finish many painted pieces, that stuff just adds character. :D

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Where did you get the FOMOCO Colostomy bag? :wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The bags are a great idea, I bought 2 or 3 different sizes of them and a pile of labels...there is no way I would be able to recall where everything went after a year or two!

The bags are a great idea, I bought 2 or 3 different sizes of them and a pile of labels...there is no way I would be able to recall where everything went after a year or two!

Very handy!

Ziploc bags, masking tape, and a sharpie are requirements for truck disassembly!

This weather keeps screwing me over. Instead of pulling the front clip off of the truck today, I stayed inside and went through/cleaned a bunch of parts.. Oooh well, I guess it's good to get that stuff out of the way now.

Sven7

Derping
This weather keeps screwing everyone over. My friend from Missouri texted me about the shitty weather they're having (thank God he's not in Joplin), and I'm thinking "wow, it's storming down there too??" And now you- I swear the entire continent is under a thunder cloud! :bs: Anywho, keep the train rollin'. You'd have to do the small stuff anyway so now's as good a time as ever.

Last edited:
This weather keeps screwing everyone over. My friend from Missouri texted me about the shitty weather they're having (thank God he's not in Joplin), and I'm thinking "wow, it's storming down there too??" And now you- I swear the entire continent is under a thunder cloud! :bs: Anywho, keep the train rollin'. You'd have to do the small stuff anyway so now's as good a time as ever.

I miss those sunny warm Saturdays working on the truck, at least I'm not alone!smilietease

Got a little bit done with the time I had this week. Rusty bolts are a pain! I keep penetrating lube and my impact very close to me!

Picture005.jpg

Nice 66, my younger brother had a 66 when we were kids had a 352 w a 4spd. Didn't like it much then but now think it was pretty cool. Good project, not a lot around for sure.

Nice 66, my younger brother had a 66 when we were kids had a 352 w a 4spd. Didn't like it much then but now think it was pretty cool. Good project, not a lot around for sure.

Thanks! I had never been into these gen. 4 trucks, not until my buddy had one anyway. He wouldn't sell it too me, and since then I have been looking for one. When I found this Merc. I knew I had to have it! :D

Got some stuff done this morning. Those core support bolts were a pain, but I have managed to unscrew the rubber mount/nut from the bottom side of the frame with a large plier after many other failed attempts.

Picture012-1.jpg

Thanks! I had never been into these gen. 4 trucks, not until my buddy had one anyway. He wouldn't sell it too me, and since then I have been looking for one. When I found this Merc. I knew I had to have it! :D

Got some stuff done this morning. Those core support bolts were a pain, but I have managed to unscrew the rubber mount/nut from the bottom side of the frame with a large plier after many other failed attempts.

Picture012-1.jpg

Lookin' good, Derek!!

imagesqtbnANd9GcQFryCTtEQ4LLL0pjEhFDsOSQO_11Ct9nnobQdxW1aIW1Xa0J9IzQ.jpg

smilietease

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
At least now you can say your paint has 'that wet look' :)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the paint looks really good when its wet!!!!!

lol......

glad its moving along at a solid pace...

idk if you mentioned, but what are you gonna do for a transmission?

built C6 i'm assuming...

the paint looks really good when its wet!!!!!

lol......

glad its moving along at a solid pace...

idk if you mentioned, but what are you gonna do for a transmission?

built C6 i'm assuming...

Haha, thanks Chris. I wonder what a good polish would do to the paint, but I'm afraid to try. It would probably look worse and the "flat" finish it has is right for the "farm truck" look.

Yes, I'm using a roller C-6, with a manual VB from Broader Performance..

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i thought you would... you gonna use a floor shifter like Jurgen has? or you gonna gonna have it stock style column shift that way if people are looking in, they dont think anything is out of the ordinary?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts