Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Creation

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Here is the Frankenstein's Monster I am currently putting together from parts of from my other trucks
bronco116.jpg

it has a mildly built 351W (yes a Windsor) I have a old McCulloch Super Charger for it and a 150 shot of Laughing Gas :rolling laugh:
those will be put on at a later date, right now I just want to get it together and finish painting it
also later down the line I will be upgrading axles with the ones from my 250 and I will start looking for a D60 front to match the 60 rear and get rid of the HD D44
I am down in the Bronco section here but I thought some of my old friends from this section might not look down there being that they are into the pick'em uptrucks smiliegitrdone
but anywho, this is what I have been up to and why you have not seen me around. later guys...Rick

Lookin' like that "monster" has quite an attitude already! Great pic!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Well thank you Mr Fixit,
it was in pretty ruff shape when I bought it with a blown motor and a lot of flesh eating cancer,
but it called out to me and I had to have it.
I got side tracked for a bit with the F250 4x4 but since I broke that again this Ol Girl tugged at my ear and whispered "Fix Me, and I will never leave you stranded!" so, Hi-Ho Silver away, a Beautiful Frankenstein's Monster she will be

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'm jealous I wish I had the time to get something goin as far as a project is concerned!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I've had this truck for awhile now, I am finally just getting it together, everything I do is on a budget, I collect parts until I have enough to do something with and I work on them when I can
if you find a project truck and have a place to store it and to store parts then start there, stock up on parts and do little things at a time, a little here and a little there, before you know it you will have a project going, it all takes time, and its always a pain in the ass, but I still love it

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
McCollough Supercharger (his fortune really came from selling chain saws) sold out to Paxton in the early 1960's.

The same blower was used on 1957 Ford's and Birds, Studebaker: 1957/58 Golden Hawks, 1958 Packard Hawks (all 588 of them), 1963/64: GT Hawks, (I have a '63), Larks and Avanti's.

Need parts?

Here's the guy to see: Myers Studebaker Parts, located in Duncan Falls, Ohio.

btw: My avatar is a 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk, no blowers were available.

1956 Golden Hawks have the Packard 352 engine.

btw, part II: McCollough is the guy that bought what he thought was the Tower Bridge in London, and moved it to Lake Havasu, Arizona.

He bought the wrong bridge...what he bought was the London Bridge, a plain jane hunk of rocks.

Mebbe he shoulda looked before he leaped!

Oh well...

Last edited:
I've walked on that bridge and snicker while doing so.

I also but McCulloch chain saws so , I guess the joke is on me :)

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
You are a man of infinite wisdom Bill, that is exactly what I got, it has been all rebuilt and reworked a bit to put out more boost, my Dad had it on one of his Hot Rods and he tweaked it a bit, now I got it, I have done some research on it, and yes it was the original Paxton, it will work fine for what I want it for, plus I just think its pretty damn cool ! and it adds a nice sound to it, it goes well with the gear to gear timing set up, its " Whiny "

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Dennis ! there you are!............... your right there!
hows it goin buddy, whats you got cookin lately? smilieFordlogo

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I've walked on that bridge and snicker while doing so.
The bridge that goes no where.

McCollough developed Lake Havasu as a resort town on the eastern shore of the Colorado River in the AZ desert.

To call attention to it, he bought that bridge in England (erected in 1840), had it dis-assembled and shipped to AZ.

He then built an artificial island out in the river so the bridge could span about 50 feet of it. And...that's as far as it goes!

The whole enterprise cost him over a million bucks.

Last edited:
Been there. man that is one HOT-as HECK beach! was around 120 when we went, and people without sandals couldn't walk on the sand!

Hey Rick, if its not to late (you might already be there) post some pics up of that cruise in/carshow you were talkin about. Are you're buddies still goin even though you dont have the bronco done?

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
its not until the 7th but if I see anything worth posting I will take a picture of it for ya, I was going to take the 250 when I started promoting this idea, but then I broke it and that's when I decided to get back on the Bronco again, realistically I probably could have had it done if I could work on it all the time, but we all know how that is, we all have a life to live besides working on our trucks, unfortunately we do have more important matters to deal with first

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Thanks when I first got the 250 I had intended to part it out for the Bronco, but then things happened and I had to start using it and after that I did not have the heart to tear apart a good old ford like that, but now things are back on track , I guess some things do happen for a reason, don't get me wrong, I could have fixed it with little trouble and continued to drive it on the streets for years to come, but that is not what I am after so I went back to my original plans, " Fix The Bronk! "
Double H, I like the early 77 Bronco Prototype, that's good, thank you, I might use that some day if I ever decide to sell it on E-Bay???????:hammer:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Yea I could say it was found in a abandon Ford warehouse, only one of its kind. I bet I know who would believe it too

This Guy
ac19_12.jpg

after all he does have the only "Rare Hi-Boy Bronco" in existence

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts