Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Your Model and Trim

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ken, your interior is impossible to ID. The dash says Ranger XLT, but emblems are easily applied. One of the other good ways to tell is by the door panels. Unfortunately, yours are aftermarket, so that's a no-go.

The only way to ID your interior is by the body code, or get the info from Ford.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, that interior is just sick.

Thanks.

Ken, your interior is impossible to ID. The dash says Ranger XLT, but emblems are easily applied. One of the other good ways to tell is by the door panels. Unfortunately, yours are aftermarket, so that's a no-go.

The only way to ID your interior is by the body code, or get the info from Ford.

How can you tell it's after-market?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Thanks.

How can you tell it's after-market?

If you look at the area where the speaker goes, there's a bunch of little holes that form the speaker grille. Factory door panels have slots that make up the speaker grille. You can also tell because some of the aftermarket door panels actually have an indent where the push pins are that hold the door panel on the door.

Factory door panel:

7879OEMDRPNLRHTMB.JPG

Aftermarket:

465_image.jpg

The same goes for the 7th gens.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Good catch Shaun. I never noticed that. Nothing wrong with aftermarket door panels, just doesn't tell anything about the trim level of the interior.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Good catch Shaun. I never noticed that. Nothing wrong with aftermarket door panels, just doesn't tell anything about the trim level of the interior.

lol, Thanks.

The door panels are great for those who aren't going for a factory look, but with all my trucks, they wouldn't work because i'm pretty picky about them having a near exact factory appearance.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
1979 F250 Ranger.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
The Ranger Lariat is top level Ford truck, and is their luxury model in '78

And the Ranger XLT is the next level down from the Ranger Lariat.
And it used to be the top level Ford until 1977.

And the Ranger Lariat was new in 1978, and it is Ranger XLT, or Ranger Lariat, not Ranger XLT Lariat for the Ranger XLT and Ranger Lariat are two different models in the Ford line up

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ahem...73-79....smilietease

Manimal

California Chapter member
1979 F350 Ranger XLT Supercab. 460,C6,D70 w/3.73's,cruise,air, tilt,ps, pdb, 2wd.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
1977 F250 Ranger XLT
1978 F350 Custom
Both ends of the spectrum lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts