Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

your dream truck?

if you had 100,000-150,000 to throw into a dent...

what year would it be?

what trim package?

what size 1/2 3/4 or 1 ton?

short, long, or stepside?

reg cab, sc, cc?

what engine? (doesn't have to be ford)

if any, what size lift?

what size tires/rims?

auto or manual?

what interior and exterior accessories would you add? this includes lights/rollbars/bumpers/steps/racks/etc...

and finally, what color(s) would you choose?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
My dream has not been one particular truck, but all trim levels in each cab configuration for each model + Broncos in all trim levels. That alone would be a rather larger collection. :D

1979 Indy pace truck on 77-79 4x4 F250 frame, dana 60 front & rear (locking), built 460 with wild cam & headers, Ford Motorsport alum valve covers, 4.10 gears, C6 automatic with shift kit & mild stall, front & rear differential girdles, 6 inch lift 37x12.5x16.5 tires on polished alum slots, chrome headers and inner fenders, factory roll bar, blacked out headlight covers, vintage clear bug guard, grille guard with KC lights, NOS 79 grille surround, grille, bezels. NOS front and rear chrome bumpers. factory pace truck colors with NOS decals. Factory pace truck interior: vinyl seat black & silver with matching dr panels, vintage "FORD" scripted floor mats.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
^^You'd be surprised how it adds up :wasntme:

I'm building my dream truck :D

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I'd just like to have my old supercab back, with some notable modifications :D

74 f250 supercab long bed. Built efi 460/e4od. Dana 60 front and rear, 3.73s. Np205 tc. 285/75/16 BFG ATs on alcoas.

Blue this time, instead of white. Trim package doesn't concern me. Could just be a custom again.

Should pull that off for well under 100,000 :D

Last edited:
1979 ranger lariat super cab 4x4 one ton. with the pop out windows in back. factory c.b. tilt wheel and am/fm radio. really wouldnt care what color.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^You'd be surprised how it adds up :wasntme:

I'm building my dream truck :D

I was waiting for this from Duncan....can easily get into those numbers.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I pretty much have my dream truck (s) and have some minor plans for additional mods: new polished headers....I'd like a hard tonneau cover (have a soft now).

Things that make it my dream truck:
-73-77 split grill and round headlights
-automatic
-ac
-6 inch lift
-37's
-Lots of chrome
-software
-custom headliner
To name a few.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I know this is a different answer, but my dream would be to have a huge shop and a boat load of extra time to basically buy and rebuild these trucks of all models and have my own personal Jay Leno collection of dent sides.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I know this is a different answer, but my dream would be to have a huge shop and a boat load of extra time to basically buy and rebuild these trucks of all models and have my own personal Jay Leno collection of dent sides.

I'd visit THAT museum!smilieFordlogo

I'm just waiting for someone to finish my dream truck and to forget to close the garage door some night. :wasntme:

i was thinking my dream truck would probably be a cc f600 with 4wd and maybe a flat bed with custom winch bumper/brush guard.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

I think you're truck would be pretty close to perfect, right down to the color.

But not for. Six figures. Then I'd be thinking a mid-30s pickup done up as a street rkd.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd make my 77 new again...with a TMI434, with the majority of the 79 lariat options. And a 92-96/7 40/20/40 bench. I'm pretty simple, but I couldn't just have one.

I know its not a gen 6 but i'd be looking for a gen 9 4 door bronco and a '56 big window

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts