Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yea or No Way?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And you are planning on driving on the street?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Don't know too much about lockers/gears/etc... he says it's welded and chirps on tight turns.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't know too much about lockers/gears/etc... he says it's welded and chirps on tight turns.

Best do some reading up on that before you buy.:rolleyes:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
welded rear ends suck for daily driving... that Bronco in Smithville i test drove for you way back when Austin had a welded rear end... WOOO... it was tough...

just check it way over and over and over again and drive the piss out of it.. make sure its pinion angle is right, that means it aint vibrating...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
welded rear ends suck for daily driving... that Bronco in Smithville i test drove for you way back when Austin had a welded rear end... WOOO... it was tough...

just check it way over and over and over again and drive the piss out of it.. make sure its pinion angle is right, that means it aint vibrating...

It's a toy, makes it even more fun to drive if I have to work for it!

I'll check it over several times... I really want to find out what the front end is, as well as the T-case.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Say, anybody happen to know what brand/name the wheels are?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
3 or 4 black swirling scallops... is about all I can describe them with.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Would be cool to have that van but if the rear has been welded up it means someone abused it and did a cheap fix to get a locker. If they cheaped out on the rear what else is rigged together on it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Would be cool to have that van but if the rear has been welded up it means someone abused it and did a cheap fix to get a locker. If they cheaped out on the rear what else is rigged together on it.

That was what was going through my head as well Randy.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I agree with these fellas.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
These wheels!:

truck.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, now that the excitement has fizzled, I've decided to hold off on this one. I'll just keep my fine example of an F-Superduty and live on.

Now here's the kicker - my father has a client that wants my truck!!!:redface: Annnnnd, here's the good part, my dad says he can get me $5k for it! :drop: :drop: (aka twice what I have in it).

Am I going to sell, you ask? Doubt it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Shoot...for 5k, I'd drop that thing in a heart beat. IMO, you could get a whole lot more vehicle for the money. With the tinkering you've done and the pieces it's in, the SD is still an unknown quantity essentially, you've already been wishy-washy on it willing to trade for other vehicles not worth 5k. The other thing I'd do is dump that sploder before she lets loose and is rendered useless and worthless for you. Now you probably have upwards of 7k...get yourself a late 90's diesel F-series 4x4 and call it done. You get your 4x4, you're more reliable and you're cutting cost of ownership. You should get a kick to the balls for not selling at 5k.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts