Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Word is...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I heard from a friend that a feller up at the church bought some sort of trailer special dentside with a factory bed topper. I might just have to swing by and have a look see.

Here's the catch - the body's straight and it runs... he bought it for $600!

He wants to part it out, I'm told. Not gonna happen. :guns:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just be kind enough to remind him that part outs can take a very long time to recoup the costs and his time is worth something. Tell him it would be ashame to cut up such a great survivor and a hobbyinst would be tickeled to own it. Then lay out a grand if you really want it.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If it's the real deal, I'm pulling out all the cards. I can't have something like that being parted.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I heard from a friend that a feller up at the church bought some sort of trailer special dentside with a factory bed topper. I might just have to swing by and have a look see.

Here's the catch - the body's straight and it runs... he bought it for $600! He wants to part it out, I'm told. Not gonna happen. :guns:
Trailer Special Dentsides: 1973/79 F350 Regular Cab on the 140" wheelbase / 1977/79 F150/350 Super Cab. There may be others, cannot recall w/o looking.

Other Trailer Specials: 1976/79 Econoline & 1978/79 Bronco.

The F350 140 inchers have two Trailer Special emblems on the front fenders. 1973 (D3TZ-16720-W) is slightly different than 1974/76 (D4TZ-16720-D).

All the others have one emblem, center lower of tailgate or L/R door on Econolines.

This emblem (D6UZ-1142528-A) has a map of the USA and TRAILER SPECIAL embossed over it.

Last edited:

Manimal

California Chapter member
I had a '79 Ranger XLT Lariat F250 trailer special std cab. It had the emblem in the lower middle of the tailgate. A member on FTE bought the truck.

Ford Truck Articles