Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wooops

Michigan
My grandpa has a 1986 F150 2wd, with a 300..

Last night he went to hook the battery up because it sat all winter in the garage while they was in florida. Well he hooked the neg to pos and pos to neg on the battery. Sparks and all and he switched them around and now nothing happens. No lights no nothing. He changed the coil but still nothing. Anyone have an idea?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Have you tried another battery yet??? It could be that simple.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'ma agree with Ben on this one... I'm pretty sure thats how I fried the battery that was in the monte carlo (and the battery charger) I hooked it up backwards, cause dad was telling me how to do it and I was paying atention to him and not what I was doing. :spank:

Michigan
Yea and still nothing. His buddy said something about a wire that fries if you do that.. Fusable link? Im tryin to figure this out with a lack of information lol.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know there's a fuseable link on Gen 9's my brother fried mine and that was the issue. That's definitely a possibility.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Fusible link should be near the starter solenoid. Looks just like a piece of wire but it'll be misshapen and melted looking if it's burned out...

blown-fusible-link.gif

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Fusible link should be near the starter solenoid. Looks just like a piece of wire but it'll be misshapen and melted looking if it's burned out...

blown-fusible-link.gif

yup thats it.. happend to me too..

Michigan
kool thanks. I guess his buddy was right! Il let him know go point it out for him.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts