Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

windows

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
what do i need to use on my windshield to keep it from foging up at night with the windows down. i guess because it is so humid something causes it to fog on the inside. if i turn my defrost on it goes away. if i clean it with a good glass cleaner it will stay good for a couple of days but then it starts doin it again. any help is much appreciated

try some rain-x or car wax/polish

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I woulda said car wax, simply because I have a devil of a time getting the rain-x off.

Quick question though, are you sure the fog is temperature related...or could you have a heater core going out?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I use the spray stuff from the eye care section in the drug store that is made for glasses so they don"t fog when you walk in to a warm room from the cold.
It works great.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
my truck could be sittin off with the windows down and still do the same thing. you would put car wax or rain x on the inside of the window?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes you can use wax or rain-x on the inside. But I like Randy's suggestion with the glasses cleaner better. The fact that you say they fog up even with the windows open, kinda has me leaning towards a bad heater core. Have you checked for any heat lately? Seems to be an overlooked problem during the summer time because no one is using the heat, and as soon as winter rolls around, you're freezing your butt off. I might be going over the top, but turn your heater on, see if you're getting any heat, if you are, then you just have a fogging problem, if you're not...you found your fogging problem and you'll be thanking me come the first day of winter.

I had problems with rain x ( and wax) causing the windshield to fog worse.

"Castrol" has a product that worked better for me, called "Super Clean Accuvision". It wasn't as difficult to apply as rain x either.

Another that I've used that works and haven't been able to find is "Clearview 2" by "Klinview"

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
yeah the heat works i tried using it the other night to see if it would help the problem

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
thank you though. thanks to all of you i will try some of that stuff and see what works for me

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts