Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Will a bumpside body fit a dentside frame?

FTF'er

I have a 77.5 F250 4x4 standard cab long bed with a trashed body.

There is an old 2wd bumpside, uncertain of the year, sitting in a town south of me.

Will the bumpside body swap to the dentside Ford frame?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
The cab will bolt right up, but there are frame differences in the back that need to be taken into consideration to get the bed to mount up correctly. If just bolted on, there will be a large gap between cab and box. Some people move the cab and axle all the way forward to fit right. Some people center the box between cab and rear axle, so its slightly bigger gap, and the rear axle is slightly off center, but its not very noticeable. Check on Fordification, there is a writeup I believe.

Last edited:

FTF'er
Ah, so the older truck is a shorter wheelbase? I never even thought about checking that. I would probably mount the bed as it should be against the cab and then move the rear axle forward some... if I follow you post correctly.

I'll check out the site you referenced for more information, thanks!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Yeah, but I read on that site that people have just centered the box between the cab and the rear axle, and the difference is negligible, its pretty hard to notice, I guess.

FTF'er
Yeah, I'd have to try it first and see how it looks.

Ford Truck Articles