Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where's the best place to get a brake booster?

For my '73 F250 2wd with single piston calipers? Local Napa cannot get.
I do not want to do a F350 swap out, just want to go back to original.

Try Rockauto.com

Your booster number is.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Try your local Ford dealer for your vacuum booster, for I had to put a booster on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat. My recommendation is while you're at it is to put a new master cylinder while you're at it, for that is what I did on my 78 and it took care on my braking issues. That's just my thoughts, but it's well worth it to do both at the same time. Hopefully you find this helpful to you. Also talk to the service manager about it and listen to what they have to say about it.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

unfortunately.....

I just put a master cyl on it, and did not realize I could get both parts as a unit.

I am driving it with a vacuum leak now waiting for funds to appear.
Brake pedal gets real hard after the first push of the pedal.

thanks for all of the help.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
That's the same way mine was until I had the work done on mine, it had felt after the first pump or two the pedal felt real hard, and felt like I was trying to stop an aircraft carrier, or a freight train. So in your case just replace the vacuum booster, for you've already done your master cylinder . smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Mac's Antique Auto also offers a booster rebuild. You send yours in, they rebuild it, and send back. I seem to remember a price of around $200-ish. This is a great service if you have a hard-to-find booster.

Ford Truck Articles