Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's the Carb worth?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys -

I have a Holley two barrel…and without it here to get the numbers, I can tell you it's really an equivalent to the stock Motercraft 2150.

Anyway, it was just sitting in my garage and after talking to a guy who said he could use one, I let him take it and try it.

Works good for him. It is in really good shape, all clean and working, and hasn't been used much. Comes with all hardware, including a spacer, all still in the original box.

He wants it.

So, how much should I get out of it? He hasn't made an offer yet. Just sent a text that he'll take it and we'll get together and talk.

I'm not sure where to start the negotiating.

Thanks!

I'll be off line all night, but back tomorrow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
$75 as an opening asking price. I wouldn't take less than $50 for it. Figure you can pick up good running 4bbls all day long for $100-150, a 2bbl isn't gonna have as big of a draw.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
$75 as an opening asking price. I wouldn't take less than $50 for it. Figure you can pick up good running 4bbls all day long for $100-150, a 2bbl isn't gonna have as big of a draw.

My first instinct was $100 if it runs good, but I'm not sure what they are new. I guess I figure 1/2 of what a new one is a good starting point to think about and then go from there.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Yeah, with 4bbls out there, I figured this one would bring much less. This guy mentioned looking at remans somewhere in the $200 range...not sure where.

I think I'll let him through something at me to start...but try to keep it in the $75 to $100 range as y'all have suggested.

Thanks again for the guidance!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts