Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What!?!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah, the courier was ford's first mazda built truck. And the ranger is the same in that regard.

Well...sorta. Mazda build the Courier for Ford, but Ford builds the B-series for Mazda now. (They were completely separate model lines for a while in between, too.)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well...sorta. Mazda build the Courier for Ford, but Ford builds the B-series for Mazda now. (They were completely separate model lines for a while in between, too.)

And they stuff the Mazda 4cyl in the rangers... :)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah, I forgot about that. Since '01.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
well have you heard of a chevy "luv" skan.

Or a dodge, what was it, D50?

I beleive the dodge mini was based on the datsun pickup as where the luv and courier

well have you heard of a chevy "luv" skan.

Or a dodge, what was it, D50?

I beleive the dodge mini was based on the datsun pickup as where the luv and courier

Courier was mazda (fords share in mazda). Luv was Isuzu (GM share in Isuzu). And D50 was mitsubishi (chryslers former share in mitsubishi, remember 80s platoform sharing.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
2000 cc (or 2.0 L) engine. I'm thinking there may have been a B2200 or B2300 back then, too, but I'm not sure

Mazda B-series are still named that way...B2300 is a 2.3L 4-cy, B3000 is a 3.0L V6 and B4000 is the 4.0

Lol, add the Isuzu Pup/Chevy Luv to that list...

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Sorry, mate, I deleted that pic long ago. Two yrs ago. Found it. Here it is;

1980-1989-ford-trucks-2.jpg

Ugly, is it? I'm glad to know the truck has been crushed long ago, unless tucked away in a collector's garage.

Tyl

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts