Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is your dentside to you?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If its anything like everything else you do .next years yours . *****

He's gotta finish it first. So it might be TOTY in 2027. HAHAHAHAHAHAA. I really think Buck and Ronzi will be up for it this year, and throw Duncan in the mix if his get's finished. Oughta be an awesome year this year.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
These days Wampuss is a yard ornament that one guy down the street complains about with other my other trucks.

It used to be my daily driver,my building material hauler, my home away from home/shagging wagon (I have a sleeping bed in the back), my towing the holiday vehicle,in 2003 my moving van,and most importantly...has always been my trusted companion.

My dent side to me is suppose to be the rig i keep :) That my not seem like much to most people but I've had over 80 vehicles in like 16 years ! I buy stuff rite hunt down the parts fix them up and sell for a profit . Everything from old school cars to import cars , from 2x4s to 4x4s . If i can make money with it i will.
So this truck my 1979 F-250 Ranger 351m/400 NP435 , 205 ( I installed the NP435 and ditched the T-18 ) 60s front and rear is the truck i say I'm gonna die with !!! not gonna be easy but so far I've turned down all offers and have no desire to sell :)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
73 Ford F100 2WD 302... My daily driver. I've hauled stuff with it. It was in a few car shows and I even won a trophy in one. When I got it I really just thought it was in better shape than my Dodge that had almost 200,000 miles. I got it for free which was a plus and decided it was worth fixing up. It wasn't a truck I went out looking for. I don't really go all out making anything perfect because where I drive it is prone to nicks and scratches and if I made it perfect I would just get annoyed when something happened. So at least it looks nice, but at the same time a little scratch isn't the end of the world for me.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I have my DD 78 F-150 Ranger, 351m. It is my first truck, so its kinda special to me. 2x4, sadly... if I find a junker, that will change! My ultimate goal is kinda resto-mod. Big engine, stock looks, small tweaks here and there.

As of now, though, I use it for everything. Towing, hauling junk in the back, pulling stumps, not to mention the bench seat... :nono:

Well my 79 short bed 4x4, 300 six, 4 spd is special to me in a round about way. You see, My grandpa purchased a new 75 short bed 300 six, 4 spd 4x4 almost new in 1976. It was white and stock with a new canopy. I thought for sure that it would be mine someday, but he traded it off in years to come. About 4 years ago he gave me his 2wd short bed 383 1985 dodge hot rod truck. I only kept it because he gave it to me. It was fun, but I'm not really a 2wd fan. So one day I jokingly asked a friend ifhe would trade me the dodge for his 79 ford 4x4 and he said yes. I was a little worried about what gramps would think about getting rid of his gift, but when I showed him a pic of it before he passed from parkinsons he muttered, "that's a pretty truck". I was glad he liked it, as it was kind of a tribute to my best friend....grandpa. I used it for a DD for a year and a half, lite wheeling, camping, and now I will be doing some mods to it. Every time I drive my truck I feel like I am with my best friend again....I will never sell it!

FTF'er
My '77 F250 4x4 is a pile of trash sitting in my way. I need to pull the axles and 460 and haul it away.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My '77 F250 4x4 is a pile of trash sitting in my way. I need to pull the axles and 460 and haul it away.

I have a feeling you're neglecting to see the potential. In all honesty though, 10 times out of 10, I will stop to look at an old dentside be it parked, or driving down the road regardless of condition. I can't say that about any other truck style.

FTF'er
I have a feeling you're neglecting to see the potential.
The potential is the front axle under my friends '96 Chevy and the 460 in my Ranger! :rofl: smilieneenar :D :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Nah, the truck has some issues... and even when it's done it really wouldn't be what I want.

Every body panel has some bondo, and it's about 1/2" think in some ares, like on the back of the cab. It has something wrong with the electrical that drains the battery. Some idiot welded to the main leaf of each front spring, the rear springs are both broken. Eh, it just needs more money than I can justify spending for a truck I really wouldn't be happy with. It needs EVERYTHING.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
One is taken apart in pieces and parked in the barn. One is a farm truck that will be restored for the soon to be wife (its hers already) and one is a wheeler that hasn't yet wheeled even once.

I use mine to hall mulch for the house, occasional trip to landfill, just fun drives etc. This week I plan to load up some parts and go to a flea market in Harpers Ferry W.V. Then I'll come home and put on drag radials and go to Mason Dixon Dragway and race. Best E.T. to date 11.14 at 118 m.p.h. Love my old Ford. Randy.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
I use my truck very rarely because I don't have my license yet :headbang:. I've only drove it on the road a couple times (with my learners) and in the yard and field many times. I love driving it and I can't wait to drive it full time :D! When I drive it on the road we just haul things in the back of it because i'm the only one in the family (of 3 vehicles) with a pickup truck! My mom and dad both have T***** suvs lol. It needs some fine tuning to be ready for October (when I get my license :D) and I can't wait! I'm definitely gonna restore it and keep it forever! "The Beast" as I call it, got me into trucks, I used to want a car, but thank God I got a truck! lol

she used to be for work only, then started reading on this site and now got the bug to restore her. cv front end 351 stroker, 5 speed, 4whell disks, and brite yellow paint. gonna be a long summer. but its a labor of love.

Transportation. ;) ...I mean as opposed to a toy to beat up, see? :)

The pickup was to get me or who-ever from point A to point B with all
the stuff too. Groceries, dune buggy, dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, whatever.

Never drove it back and forth to work much since I almost always had
a company truck or something else I'd rather put that sort of "empty
miles" on instead.

Alvin in AZ
ps- Special ordered it when I was 21 living in Bowie AZ and had it 35
years 4 months and 3 days so far. Outlasted the wife by 12 years! :)

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A Bronco can be considered a dentside, right? If so, it's taught me alot about mechanical workings in these vehicles. So it's a teaching tool.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Burt is my pride and joy. And as Ben said, a real learning tool! When I had my old 74F350 SC I learned a lot, but only did some heavy dirty stuff like suspension (added overload springs), exhaust manifold gaskets (many times!) brakes (including the master cylinder.. what a pain that was! ) Now, through the help of you guys I have attempted much more serious detailed stuff on Burt. He is my camping buddy! If I ever have to sell him I'll be broken hearted!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I ever have to sell him I'll be broken hearted!
Dak

Sell him!!!!!!!!!! Shoot, I thought you were gonna drive him here and just give him to me. In all honesty, not a 2by fan at all, but Burt is a rig I'd be proud to have.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No, no Ben,... remember? You and? (Dennis?) are coming out HERE to replace Burts rear main seal! Remember? Remember? :wasntme: :)
Dak

Oh yeah that's right. But really, it's not too bad of job. I did it for the first time with the engine in on the Bronco a month or so ago, took me about an hour and a half.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts